Some random stranger started texting Mitch last night right when we were going to bed. Said stranger insisted that he was texting "Dez" and refused to believe Mitch when he told him he had the wrong number. (Mitch also gave him a fake name of "Jim" just in case.) These texts took place at 11:30 p.m., and some at 1:30 in the morning, which woke me up (not Mitch) and it made me mad! (Never mess with my precious sleep!) After I got over the initial anger, I texted him back in ALL CAPS to show my frustration ... but then I had an attitude change and I thought the whole thing was hilarious.
I started laughing. And I could not stop. I got out of bed to leave the room so I wouldn't wake Mitch, but I couldn't make it out the door. Instead, I stood next to the bed, doubled over in a fit of hysterical laughter. Mitch did wake up and I could barely spit out what was so funny between laughing fits. He thought I was either crying or going crazy. Eventually he was laughing too, and after several minutes, I was able to calm down enough to go to sleep.
Here are screen shots of the texts. Mitch's (and my) responses are in green. Notice the fact that this stranger texted "Sup" three times in a row when Mitch didn't respond. How annoying, right? I had to stop myself from saying something really rude, like, "Listen Stupid, obviously Dez doesn't want to talk to you! Stop texting me!!!" But I didn't text that because I'm trying to be a nice person. Doesn't mean I didn't think it though.
I did not think this was quite as funny today when I was so tired! But, every time I hear this guy's voice in my head saying, "Why u hang up dez?" I have to laugh. Sure, I've never met this guy, but in my mind, he's a cross between a homie G and Napoleon Dynamite. I am glad he finally stopped texting so I could get some sleep! (We did finally turn the phone off.)
1 comment:
How annoying! You are way nicer than I am. I totally would have put some swear words in there to emphasize my point!
Post a Comment