4.10.2012

Easter Sunday

The rest of our Easter weekend was nice. Mitch has been so busy with work and school lately, but on Saturday night he had enough free time to sit down and watch a movie! We watched "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close," which we had mixed feelings on. It was an artsy sort of movie, and kind of depressing, but it did have a good ending.

Sunday morning Layla got her Easter basket from the Easter bunny. She got Sesame Street and Dora plates, books, coloring books, and a book bag. Oh, and animal crackers. Yeah, we're not too into candy around here ... maybe next year.

Then the dread set in. I don't know why, but I was SO nervous to speak in church. Two weeks ago, the bishopric asked if Mitch and I would both speak for 10 minutes each, the topic being "He is Risen" for Easter Sunday. I don't normally get nervous to speak in church; I had plenty of time to prepare and it shouldn't have been a big deal. But for whatever reason, I was super nervous. The hymns we sang before we spoke calmed me down a lot and I think I did alright. I was just relieved that it was over!
Easter Sunday. Don't mind the million boxes stacked all around.
I was released from my calling on Sunday, too. I loved my calling in the Primary Presidency, and I was really sad to be released. I love working with the kids and the other women in the presidency. I will miss it.

After church we went to Mitch's grandma's house for some good food. My in-laws had an Easter egg hunt all ready for Layla when we got there. I think Bug had fun and liked finding snacks and money in her eggs. We were able to relax Sunday evening and pack a few more boxes. I am so sick of packing! I cannot wait to be done. 


I love Easter and am glad we were able to celebrate with family, and at church. Most of all, I am thankful for my knowledge of the resurrection, and for my Savior. Happy Easter!

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...