Mitch and I started the Insanity exercise and nutrition program today. I guess we were bored of our regular fitness routine and wanted to switch it up. The nutrition plan will be the hardest part; we probably should eat more healthy like that, but man is it expensive and inconvenient! We'll see how we feel (and look!) 9 weeks from now when we're done ...
Speaking of insane — I was going crazy and about ready to pull my hair out when we FINALLY closed on the sale of our old home. Long story short, the next time we sell a home we will have a condition that we will not accept offers from VA loans. The VA office is ridiculous! We ended up closing almost one full month after our original close date, by no fault of our own, or the buyer's. The blame is entirely on the VA office. But, it's done and that's all that matters.
We picked out all of the colors, faucets, flooring, exterior materials, appliances etc. for our new house yesterday! We are so excited and think it's going to be beautiful. We go back in two weeks to finalize everything and I will take a picture of the samples then. The exterior is brick and hardie (cement board). The city is requiring that the homes in our neighborhood have at least 4 feet of brick or rock on the front and sides of the home, which is more than we were planning, but it will look nice. I cannot wait until it's done! We're still thinking October/Novemberish.
Mitch still has one more week off of school and we're excited for his long weekend off work for Memorial Day. He and I are in the process of painting my parents' basement. We want to earn our keep around here. We already have most of it done and I can't believe how the lighter paint color makes the space looks so much bigger! Mitch is such a perfectionist that the paint job looks really nice, but I'm sure it'd look even better if I hadn't helped because I am not that great at it. Ha, ha.
We picked out all of the colors, faucets, flooring, exterior materials, appliances etc. for our new house yesterday! We are so excited and think it's going to be beautiful. We go back in two weeks to finalize everything and I will take a picture of the samples then. The exterior is brick and hardie (cement board). The city is requiring that the homes in our neighborhood have at least 4 feet of brick or rock on the front and sides of the home, which is more than we were planning, but it will look nice. I cannot wait until it's done! We're still thinking October/Novemberish.
Layla has had a sinus infection for almost a week now. I got it yesterday and felt awful. Today is a little better, but now I think Layla is also getting her two-year old molars. Hopefully we'll be better soon.
| For the life of me I cannot get this picture to turn! We both crashed on the couch yesterday when we were sick. |
Welp, I'm off to eat the second of my "five small meals" today. I hope I'm not starving by the end of the day!
2 comments:
You'll have to tell me if Insanity is worth it. My sister did it a few months ago!
I think I always say the same thing on your blog, but OH! MY! GOSH! Layla is so stinkin cute!!
Rachel
Post a Comment