I wanted to note here that I taught Layla the song, "Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam" with the actions too. She'll randomly bust it out and it makes me smile, especially when she sings, "Jesus want me a sunbeam!" and she says "beam" in a really high-pitched voice. Too cute. And she really sings too, she's not just saying it. She can kind of carry a tune, better than her mamma, that's for sure!
Here's my attempt at trying to get the song on video. Of course while she can sing the entire chorus, she'll never do it for the camera. Oh well, it's still cute.
What else is new? Mitch started his summer semester of school. The class he originally signed up for was cancelled after only 2 people signed up; he was bummed as he was really looking forward to that particular class. Mr. Smartypants did get straight A's last semester and I'm sure he'll do it again. He now has one full year under his belt ... only 3 to 4 more to go!
Our builder let us know that they are digging our foundation this week! Yay! We'll be in that area this weekend and we'll have to take some pics, especially since the pics we originally took of what we thought was our lot we found out was one lot off — we're actually one lot north of where we took our pics. Oops! We have had anxiety over the color of the exterior of the house lately. Still deciding. Seriously, this decision is harder for me than it was to decide to marry Mitch! And I have to like him for eternity but I only have to like this home for 20 years or so. Ha, ha. Hopefully we can figure it out on Saturday when we meet with the builder again.
The other day, when it was about 80 degrees outside, Layla insisted on wearing her "big boots," as she calls them. On any given day she doesn't care one bit about what she wears, which I love because that means I get to dress her however I want. But lately she does whine when I get her dressed, only because she wants to stay in her jammies. Can't say that I blame her, they are comfy, but we are not lazy bums around here. Besides wanting to stay comfortable, she is pretty picky about which shoes she wants to wear, hence the big boots. Sometimes her shoes won't match, but if we're just going out in the yard I let her wear whatever. Who cares, right? On this day she took the big boots off pretty quickly once her feet got too hot. But not before she struck these awesome poses for the camera!
Layla has taken a little break from potty training. Until today when she actually went pee pee on the potty after being bribed with a blueberry sucker, she has refused to even sit on the potty. I think that between moving, us being gone in Hawaii, getting new molars, and switching to the toddler bed, she's had a lot going on in her little life. Hopefully now we can be back on track and start working at it again. I FINALLY rented two books and a DVD from the library about using the potty that I hope will get her excited to try again.
Speaking of the library, I had the most ridiculous time trying to rent books from the SL County library system because I don't have TWO forms of ID showing a SL County address (okay, I don't even have one form). If I wanted to buy a one-year membership without the address, it would cost me 80 bucks! Isn't that ridiculous? I tried using my mom's card, but it was no longer registered because she hasn't used it in a while. Finally, on my 4th trip to the library, I was able to rent them with Natalie's card. Thanks again, Natalie! At least it was worth it because Layla used the potty after reading one of her potty books from the library.
Layla is cracking us up lately with the things she is saying! Last weekend our fridge went out, so we took the fridge from upstairs and put it in the basement apartment for us to use, and my parents got a new fridge. (Kind of worked out nice that it happened over Memorial Day weekend for all the sales. This is also why we were late to church; we discovered it had gone out right as we were leaving and had to scramble to shove all our food into a fridge that was working...) Anyways, I was carrying a box of food and Layla said, "Be careful Mamma! Box toooooo heeeavvvyyy!!!" It was hilarious, how did she even think of that? (Also wanted to say Thanks, again, to mi padres for letting us crash here and buying a new fridge so we can use your old one. If we weren't living here you wouldn't have had to do that, so I feel bad, but hopefully my mom really wanted a new fridge, right?)
Last week at church Layla conned Mitch into taking her out into the hall to run around. As they were leaving, Layla turned around and yelled, "Bye bye, Mamma! See you later!" It was awesome and made several people laugh out loud.
We ate at Ruth's up Emigration Canyon last weekend with my family. Mitch came walking into the crowded lobby holding Layla and she said, "Hello, people!" Made us laugh.
Here's a video of Layla playing with Harvey. She is so mean to him sometimes! In the video she keeps saying that Harvey "Jump the kangaroo!" Like a kangaroo is my guess. Also, don't mind the mess, we're painting down here.
Layla also is hilarious because she puts emphasis on funny parts of words and has a way of using a certain pitch for certain words that make it sound funny, but cute. For example, she'll say, "OHHH! Harvey sooo CUUUUTE!!!" It's hard to type how she talks; I really just have to get it on video. Yesterday I discovered that she says "grocery list" as "gwocwee whip." She also puts her hands on her mouth and says, "All ta-board!" Pretty sure she's trying to cup her hands around her mouth and say, "All aboard!" Ha, ha. So funny. In general, she does say most things correctly.
| She told me she was "upside down!" in this picture. |
We're still doing the Insanity workout and diet. This is our second week and while it's still hard, it's definitely gotten easier. I want to start running again too because I miss that runner's high and because I don't want to have to start over with running. I ran two miles today while pushing Layla in the stroller and it was harder than I thought. Maybe I need to start running a few miles at night, especially since Mitch will be busy with school anyways. We'll see.
Here's a video from April, just before we moved. I love how Layla always says, "I got it! The ball!" when she catches the ball.
No comments:
Post a Comment