5.13.2012

Mother's Day 2012

We kept it low-key. Told the Hubby and Little Girl that since we were spending a week in Hawaii this month, I did not want a gift. They listened, which is good, because I really meant it.

We went to church and all the women were given beautiful flowers. I love going to church with my little family. It makes my heart happy.

We had a brunch with mi familia. Brock and Natalie hosted and are great cooks.

Took Layla to the park. She cheered for Mitch every time he went down the slide. He's the best dad.

Meeting up with Mitch's fam next week when Katie gets back in town.

I love being a mom. Sometimes I look at people, the ones who go on to fulfill these amazing life-long dreams, and I think, "Why didn't I do something like that?" or "What is my life-long dream?" and then I realize that I am living mine every day. Even when I was young, I knew I wanted to be a mom someday. It was always hard for me to think of anything else I wanted to do instead. It always seemed that no career would make me as happy as being a full-time mom. So, I've come to the conclusion that I am living my dream. And I love it.

Layla is so sweet, hilarious, bossy, and such a toddler. We have our bad days, but I am always thankful that I can stay home with her. She gives the best kisses and hugs. She makes me laugh constantly, especially when she calls us "Lacey" and "Mitch." It always catches me off guard.

She sure knows how to boss people around! The other day she was commanding us both around at the park and Mitch said, "She's going to be a CEO someday," to which I replied, "Maybe, but I just hope she has friends when she's older," to which Mitch replied, "She will. All the shy kids who don't have an opinion about anything." Oh wow, it was funny, but in all seriousness, I really hope I can teach her to interact kindly and patiently with others, without always telling everyone what to do.
Being a mom is a challenge. It requires more patience of me than anything else I've ever done ... combined. I don't really know what I'm doing and I feel like I'm making it up as I go. I am always so grateful to know that I can pray to Heavenly Father and ask for His guidance while I raise this little girl to help her be the best version of herself. I love her guts. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to be a mom and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Mitch and I have great moms, and they have both helped us out so much lately. I would also like to thank my mom (and dad) for letting us crash in the basement while our house is being built. My mom helps me so much with Layla all the time and it's nice to have all the extra breaks while we're living here! We love our moms and I hope I can be as good to Layla as they are to us.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Don't worry, I was THE BOSSIEST kid ever (still am, probably)and I managed to have lots of friends...maybe I just told them they were my friend and they had no choice about it! Love you guys - and you seem to know what you're doing since Layla's such a doll :)

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...