I really should have taken some pictures so I could prove it ... but all our belongings just barely fit into the 26' U-haul we rented. I also should have taken a pic of Mitch driving the 26' beast — hilarious!
Moving day was successful, and tiring. So glad it's over!
To be honest, I highly doubted that everything would fit in the U-haul. But I was proven wrong by the professional moving company we hired. Just kidding, we didn't really hire anyone, but it felt like they were professionals! I guess that's what happens when you help people move all the time; you get really good at it! We had lots of family members, friends, and neighbors come help us load all our crap, and I was so impressed that not only did they make it all fit, but they had it loaded in only 2 hours!
It took about that long to unload it into the storage unit, and again, it barely fit. But we made it. And we don't have to deal with it for 5 to 6 more months. Uggh. It will be worth it though!
We are so thankful to everyone who came and helped us. We couldn't have done it without you all! It took us all day to load it up, unload it in the storage unit, and take the crap we will need for the next 6 months to my parents'. My dad said we brought way too much, but I say we'll use it all. I don't want to feel like I'm camping while we stay here! I already miss being close to our friends, but I have no doubt we'll keep in touch over the summer. And our new house is just a 10 minute drive away from our old neighborhood.
Our little apartment, while smaller than our old house, is really nice and doesn't feel too cramped. We have our own large, super nice kitchen, a washer and dryer, etc. My parents did a nice job with this apartment down here. I keep telling them they should get some renters down here; I bet they could make some good income off it — after we move out though. Ha, ha. But seriously, we are SO grateful to my parents for letting us crash here for a while!!!
It's nice to have our own space, but to also know that we can go upstairs and hang out if we want to. Layla has her own room, which is my old room, and she seems to really like it. She LOVES that she can go upstairs and visit everyone, and especially to see Uncle Jordan. Watch out Brock — Jordan taught her that when he asks, "Who's your favorite Uncle?" she says, "Uncle Jordan!" It's hilarious! We're sad that Jordan is moving soon! But can you blame him? We totally kicked him out of the basement apartment. Sorry, Dude! (He was moving out anyways, don't worry.) We are very happy for him and Tenley though!
Mitch's commute isn't too bad, at least he's going against traffic. He has finals next week and I'm so excited for him to have some free time! There's lots to do in Salt Lake and I plan to take advantage!
I took Layla to the Gateway Discovery Museum today. Man, she LOVES that place! It's nice to be living closer to downtown now. It only took me 15 minutes to drive there and park (may have sped just a little).
Welp, off to put Layla down for a nap. She's getting her bottom 2 year old molars right now, not so fun. Hopefully she'll nap well! I'll have to take some pics soon to put on here.
4.25.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2024 Wrap Up
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
-
No, I did not do anything scandalous at the Keith Urban concert last night, although I'm sure many other women did. For Mother's Day...
-
"Come on down and join the winning team, because here at Globo Gym we're better than you, and we know it!" Ha,ha, remember tha...
-
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
1 comment:
Kevin told me about their amazing moving skills - being able to fit everything in the truck and storage unit. It sounded like he had a good time :)
I am glad you got moved out alright - I feel bad I wasn't more helpful. I'll make it up by going shopping with you when you get into your new house :)
Post a Comment