7.31.2012

Dean's List

I know Mitch would never tell anyone this, because that's just how he is, but he made the Dean's List for Spring 2012. I would say I can't believe it, but to be honest, I'm not surprised. He works so hard, and is very smart and dedicated.

He received a letter in the mail stating that the requirements for making the Dean's List for the School of Graduate Studies are to "have completed at least 12 hours of graduate coursework" and "to have maintained a GPA on graduate-level coursework of 3.85 overall and 4.0 for the past 12 credit hours."

Yep, he's maintained a 4.0 grade point average the entire time he's been studying to earn his Ph.D., and not to mention while working full-time, traveling for work, oh, and being the best dad and husband I could ever ask for. I am so proud of him, and most of all, grateful for his hard work and determination to do his best for himself and for his family.

And, here's a pic to show Layla's latest educational achievements ... while she did not get the alphabet puzzle in alphabetical order, I do love how she arranged them in a pattern according to color (yellows, then green, red, green, red, etc.). Also, she made sure all the letters on the blocks were facing the same way. Some days I think she has Mitch's engineering brain, and other days I think she has my family's artistic gene. Only time will tell I guess. Either way I'm sure she'll be successful.
I also wanted to write down some funny things she's done lately that also show her imagination at work: while playing with sidewalk chalk this week, Layla asked me to draw her "a little pink snake." I said, "You want me to draw you a little pink snake?" thinking it was quite random. She replied, "Ya, with a boy riding on it!" What??? I laughed out loud it was so random.

Last night while Mitch was putting her to bed she told him, "There's a alligator under my bed!" Mitch thought she was scared and so he started telling her things like, "It's okay, there's no alligator. He can't get you." etc. until she finally said, "I say hi to him. I wave hi to him with my hand!" Then Mitch said, "Oh, I thought you were scared of the alligator," which of course put the idea of being scared into her head, so then she was. "Oh! Alligator scared me!" she kept saying. Oh.my.goodness. Never a dull moment with Layla around! She makes me laugh out loud several times a day. I love her little imagination.

Can't wait to see if she'll follow the engineer path like her daddy, be artistic like other relatives, or somewhere in between ...

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...