7.31.2012

Kennecott Copper Mine

My grandpa was in town for Jordan's wedding, so we decided to take a trip out to his old stomping grounds, Kennecott Copper Mine. He worked in the refinery plant of Kennecott for 33 years before retiring. Mitch had never been there before (neither had Layla), and though I'd been many times, we were all amazed at the vast size of the pit and the amount of material they pull out of there every day. It's quite the process! If you've never been there before, I recommend it. It's only $5 per car (or free if you go with a retired worker!) and doesn't take too long to look at everything; they even have a very informative video that managed to keep Layla's attention, so it must be good!

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...