6.02.2012

Prayers

Ever since we moved Layla into her toddler bed, we've been trying to get in the habit of praying with her before she goes to sleep at night. We typically tell her what to say and she repeats it. She must be catching on because here's how tonight's prayer went:
Lacey: "Dear Heavenly Father..."

Layla: "Dear Heavwey Fadder..."

Lacey:"I thank Thee for Daddy..."

Layla: "Thank you the Daddy. Thank you the Mammy (Grandma)..."

Then she looks at me and waits for me to repeat what she says. I oblige.

Layla: "Thank you the Grandpa."

Again, I repeat her.

Layla: "Thank you the Everybody."

I repeat, with a huge grin on my face, while trying really hard not to laugh.

Then she looks at me as if she doesn't know what to say next, so I told her to say, "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
She repeated it.

For being the hyper, hilarious, energetic little wild woman that she is, she truly does have such a sweet, kind little spirit! I love to see the way she smiles after we pray. I think she really can feel Heavenly Father's love for her while we are praying to Him. Warms my heart!

Today I played "Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam" on the piano while Layla sung along. I was so impressed that she knew all the words and managed to sing with the piano. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll be my musically gifted child.

She also took a bubble bath today with the "princess bubbles" that Mammy Miles bought her. She had so much fun and kept telling us that the bubbles were "evweewhere." I also LOVE how she says the word, "over" like when Sesame Street gets "over," and she says, "ov air." Too cute!
I can't figure out how to get pics off the cell phone to turn! Does anyone know?

1 comment:

Shelly said...

That is a really cute prayer! I forgot to tell you on Tuesday but she was walking around my house singing Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam.

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...