7.16.2012

The Zoo

First, let me say that I FINALLY figured out how to post pics on here without having them appear blurry! It was driving me nuts! My pics were perfectly clear, but as soon as I'd post them on Blogger they would show up blurry. Turns out if I upload them from another source first, they will appear normal.

Hmmm, I'm trying to be better about recaping our happenings on the blog. Last week must have been pretty low-key because nothing major comes to mind. Just the usual mommy jobs of grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry, oh, and chasing an energetic two year old around the house.

But life is great and I can't complain.

We did go to the Discovery Museum on day last week. That's always a fun time. My uncle came in town over the weekend and we had a nice time visiting with him.

We spent some time at the zoo on Saturday with our Massachusetts friends. I think Layla and Ryleigh had the most fun of all.


Layla was in heaven when she got to see the birds— especially the owl— during the bird show. It was really neat to have the birds fly right over our heads.


As we were leaving the zoo, we asked Layla what her favorite part was. She said the hippos, which is funny because we didn't see any ...
We ate lunch at Ruth's Diner, up the canyon, afterwards. I ordered their famous mac 'n cheese and ate WAY too much of it, but boy was it worth it! It started raining just as we were leaving; Sue and I ran the girls out to our cars while our hubbys paid for our meals. Thankfully we didn't get too wet.

I wanted to include a few of the funny things Layla has said lately before I forget them all. She makes me laugh every single day:

Layla, while holding her Dora doll: "Ah-choo!"
Me: "Oh, is Baby Dora sneezing?"
Layla: "No, she's ah-chooing!"

Layla: "I want some more candy rope!" (licorice)

Layla, while pointing at each letter on her bib and pretending to read it: "C-O-O-L-C-H-I-C, Layla's bib!"

At church, Layla busts out in a loud version of the ABCs.
Me: "Layla, we have to whisper at church."
Layla: "No! Louder!"

She's been calling me "Little Mamma" all day.


Last Saturday night, after a day at the lake, I was putting her to bed and asked: "Layla, do you want to go to church tomorrow and play with the other kids in nursery?"
Layla: "No, I go to see my lake!"
Apparently the lake is more fun than church. Oh, and she owns the lake.


The other day Layla was outside with my dad and I. She picked up the basketball and my dad said:
"Oh, the ball is flat."
Layla: "No, grandpa, it's orange!"

Today she farted really loud and then said, "I have gas." Made me laugh outloud ... where in the world did she learn that??? I usually just tell her to say "excuse me."

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...