Every 6 months (April and October) our church holds what we call "General Conference." It is a time where the prophet, apostles, and other church leaders give talks that are broadcast to church members throughout the world. It is a time I look forward to because it always leaves me feeling inspired and uplifted.
Besides the regular four sessions we have of conference (two on Saturday and two on Sunday), the men age 18 and older also attend a Priesthood session on Saturday nights. (And lest you think the women are left out, we have our own session one week before General Conference, so I already attended ours last week.)
Well, this morning, the morning after Mitch attended the Priesthood session, he gave me a hug and said, "You're beautiful. You know that right?" Awww, melt my heart. He's such a sweetie. He tells me he thinks I'm beautiful quite often, but this time it felt a little different.
A couple hours later I was checking Facebook and came across a picture of our prophet, President Monson, and a quote from his talk the night before at Priesthood session where he said, "Every woman deserves to be told that she is beautiful."
While it makes me happy when Mitch compliments me, it makes me even more happy to know that he listens to and follows the words of our prophet, no matter how simple the instruction may be. I know that following the prophet brings only happiness to our lives, just as Mitch's sweet words made me happy today. Such a sweet man, my husband.
10.07.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2024 Wrap Up
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
-
I graduated from college. Holy cow, I can't believe I'm done!! I'm just so happy. Mitch is so sweet and brought me purple and w...
-
No, I did not do anything scandalous at the Keith Urban concert last night, although I'm sure many other women did. For Mother's Day...
-
Layla is learning so much lately! Or maybe we are ... we finally learned which bottle she prefers to eat from (thanks again for the tip, Jul...

1 comment:
Not only is Mitch the best son-in-law in the whole world, he is ABSOLUTELY right when he tells you you are beautiful! And he sees that your beauty is on the inside as much as the outside just like everyone else can see! I love you!
Post a Comment