10.13.2012

Funny Layla

At Layla's 2.5 year old check up this week her stats were 95th percentile for height and 80th percentile for weight. The doctor said, "she's all legs" and seems to think that as a young child she will be taller than all the girls and 70% of the boys her age. You never know what will happen once she goes through puberty, but I hope she likes being tall when she's older because that will most likely be the case. I've always wanted to be taller (I'm the shorty in my family of tall people), so hopefully she will like her height. And at least I know she got one gene from me: the height gene. Every.other.single.gene in her little body must be from Mitch because she is basically his mini-me in girl form. Wait, I take that back. Layla and I have the same sense of humor. Sometimes we both just bust out in giggles at the same time. I love it.

 Some funny things Layla has said or done lately so I don't forget:
  • Awhile ago we had a package of Double-Stuf Oreos. While eating them, I would open up an Oreo, give Layla the side without creme, and put the side with creme together with another side with creme, and make myself a quadruple stuffed Oreo. (If you've never tried it, please do! Amazing!) Anyways, I was happy eating my huge Oreos, and Layla was happy eating her side with no creme, because let's face it, I don't give her junk food very often, so even Oreos with no creme are a treat to her. Well, the next day she found the package of Oreos when I wasn't looking and brought me half of an Oreo ... with no creme on it. Serves me right.
  • The other day she kept telling me ALL morning that she wanted to go to Oakley's house to play.  Unfortunately, we live kind of far away from Oakley's house right now or else I would have taken her just so she'd stop asking me about it. Anyways, I asked her to say the prayer to bless the food at lunch and this is what she said: "Dear Heavewy Fadder, Fank you that I can go to Oakley's house today ... "  and then she opened her eyes and looked right at me! Of course I was peeking at her as she was praying because I think it's super cute to see her sit with her arms folded and eyes squeezed shut, so when I heard her say that and saw her look right at me, I about lost it and had to hold in the laughter while she eventually finished her prayer. Oh.my.goodness. She's only 2 and she's already learned that trick.
  • Mitch thought that perhaps that prayer trick was just a fluke, but it wasn't because it happened again, two nights ago during bedtime prayer. She has a pink stool in her room that she loves to stand on, so this time she said, "Dear Heavewy Fadder, Fank you that I can stand on my pink stool ..." And then she looked at me as if to prove her point. So you see, she really has mastered that one. Serves me right for teaching her that if she prays in faith Heavenly Father will answer her prayers. She's really taking it to the extreme. And it's quite funny.
  • I am addicted to Sudoku on the Ipad. Sometimes I play a game here or there while Layla and I are hanging out. Then she always wants to play it too, of course. Today she was trying to play it and I walked over and pushed a number on her game, to which she immediately responded, "Hey, I worked really hard on that!" Made me laugh, until I realized that's exactly what I tell her every time she messes up my Sudoku score.
  • I think she's starting to like to play with dolls a little more. She has a Cabbage Patch doll with curly blond hair that my mom got her and she seems to really like her lately. The other night she had to take her doll to bed with her. It was cute. My parents bought her a doll crib and stroller for Christmas, so that should be fun.
  • She's started telling us that she "needs" everything. She "needs" juice and she "needs" a sucker. I've tried explaining the difference between need and want, but it hasn't sunk in yet.
  • She loves watching Tom and Jerry and Chip and Dale cartoons on the Ipad. I told her that when I was little I used to love watching those cartoons on the TV. She got really upset with me and told me that, "They not on the TV! They only on the Ipad, Mom!" Boy has technology changed.
  • This morning my mom caught Layla picking her nose so she gave her a stern look and Layla said, "I'm going to leave my stuff in my nose." Stuff? I guess that's better than calling them boogers. Less gross, anyways.
  • For some reason, she thinks my dad, "Grandpa," is going to take everything from her all the time. It's to the point where if she hears him walk in the room, she'll gather up everything around her and hold it in her arms and say, "Grandpa won't take my (fill-in-the-blank)!" Poor Grandpa. He never just takes it from her, so I'm not sure where she got this idea from. Sometimes he'll ask if she'll share and she will, she even thinks its fun to feed him her food or let him play with her toys. But it's backfired and now she accuses him of taking her things/food/whatever all the time. I've told her several times how nice Grandpa is and how it's fun to share with him and that he wouldn't take her stuff, but she still worries about it. The other night we used it to our advantage though and told her she better come eat her dinner or else Grandpa will come eat it. It totally worked. Ha, ha. Sorry, Dad!

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...