I straightened Layla's hair Sunday morning before church. She insisted on hanging out in the bathroom with me while I got ready, so I decided to run the straightener through her hair. The end result? A little girl who looks way older than she really is, with hair down to the middle of her back. Seriously, she looked SO different and so much older that it really made me sad. While I think she looks cute with straight hair, I won't be styling it that way again any time soon ... I prefer my curly-haired baby girl. Even if her hair does get crazy and out of control at times...

When she saw herself in the mirror she said, "Oh, look at my hair! I look just like Oakley!" (Last time we saw Oakley, her mom had straightened her normally curly hair.) Mitch said, "Your hair looks just like Mamma's too." So Layla came running into the room to find me and said, "My hair looks just like yours, Mamma? Oh, it does!" Well, other than the color I guess. I'm sure hers will get darker over time; mine was as light as, if not lighter than, hers when I was younger and look at it now.
But I digress.

When she woke up from her nap her hair was pretty much all curly again. Sometimes I can't believe how curly it is. People ask me what I do to make it so curly, but honestly I just wet it with a squirt bottle, comb it straight with a comb, and it curls up all by itself. Super easy. I love it.
On Sunday Mitch's parents also had a Halloween party, and it was really fun. We dressed Layla up and I didn't realize that I had never shown her the black nose and whiskers I drew on her face with eye liner. Well, she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror and said, "Oh my goodness! There's a spider on my nose!" Ha, ha. She had a great time at the party, the food was delicious, and the company even better.
Last weekend Mitch and I were able to go to the temple together. Such a nice, peaceful way to spend our time. Layla was napping when we left and when she woke my mom told her that we had gone to the temple. Well, Layla was not happy that we weren't there and kept telling my mom, "I need to go to the temple!" Ha, ha. I love it.
I'll post about today's Halloween activities later. Let's just say we've been brushing our teeth a lot today thanks to all the sugar we've inhaled.
No comments:
Post a Comment