1.23.2013

Stuff We've Done Lately

I really need to be better about updating my blog ... such a slacker lately.

Here are some funny pics from Layla's last sleepover at my parents' house:
Modeling the Joe Dirt wig.
Eating dinner at her little table while watching "Wipe Out" on TV.
Over the weekend Layla, Mitch, and I attended the car show. It's our yearly tradition, I guess. I think Mitch and I have gone together every year since I came home from my mission. To be honest, I just go to people watch. Ha, ha. But Mitch loves seeing the new cars and always talks about which one he's going to buy. Right now I think it's the latest Camero? It is pretty sweet. I hope someday he can have (a used) one; they're spendy!
Or at least the newer version of his current car, minus the gold rims (Subaru WRX STI). His car is SO much fun to drive because it's a 6-speed manual and it's really fast. Here's the newest version:

Layla also found her dream car while we were there ... drum roll please ... the 2013 Chevrolet Spark!
You can get 34 miles to the gallon in this hog! AND it's only $13K. Sounds like it will be perfect in 13 years from now when Layla starts driving! Ha, ha! We were laughing so hard when she fell in love with this car. I mean really, of all the awesome cars that were there, she picks this one. Not saying it's that bad, but geez why not pick the new electric Fisker worth as much as a house for your favorite car? Or at least a new Cadillac! Ha, ha. Obviously Mitch's taste in cars was not passed on to his mini-me.

Layla insisted on sitting in it with her kitty in the passenger seat:
Now when she gets a 13 year old Chevy Spark for her 16th bday, we have a pic to prove that she really wanted it at one time. It would make a perfect first car for a new driver, don't you think?

Anyways, Mitch and I also went to the Jazz game over the weekend. Fun as always. Mitch's mission president has season tickets a few rows behind ours so we usually see him when we go and that's always nice. He's a super nice, and super smart, man. And best of all, the Jazz won!

We had our 20 week targeted ultrasound yesterday. I am so thankful and feel so blessed that not only do we have access to such great technology, but we were told that our baby boy is doing awesome. All the things they checked looked great (actually the tech's words were, "what a beautiful baby!" meaning that he was healthy and developing very well). I am amazed at the technology, I mean, we got to see all four chambers of his heart! How cool is that? The tech was pretty funny and she printed off at least a dozen pics for us to take home (the cool 4D ones). Some of them are good, but maybe he's not big enough / developed enough yet because we can't really tell what he looks like yet. Maybe next month we'll have a better idea. He was moving around constantly! I was thinking he didn't move as much as Layla did, but now I know he moves ALL THE TIME, I just don't always feel it yet. He was moving all over and even grabbing his feet! It was so cute. I can't wait to meet him! 

I haven't bought many clothes for him yet. Mostly because boy clothes just aren't as fun. Sorry, Baby Marcus! However, today I went to Children's Place and they had the cutest boy stuff! I bought a few things on sale ($4 each, what a steal!) but didn't buy the things I really, really wanted because they were still full price. I'm learning that there are cute boy clothes, you just have to go to the right stores. Personally, I like Children's Place, Crazy 8, and Old Navy. (If I had oodles of money, I'd shop at Baby Gap for Marcus and Layla though. Cutest kid clothes ever at that store!) Also, I never pay full price for any clothes period, always shop the sales racks. So we're slowly building a stylish wardrobe for the little guy.

Lately I have been having crazy leg pains. I swear they're growing pains. Mitch thinks I'm crazy, but I literally grew one inch while preggo and nursing Layla. I think it was all the vitamins. So the other week my left leg had growing pains for several hours from my knee down to the tips of my toes. It hurt so very bad. The past 36 hours or so I had the same pains, but not as severe, in my right leg. It finally went away today. I told Mitch my left leg grew last week and now my right leg has to catch up. We'll see ... I made Mitch measure me a few weeks ago, I am 5 feet 5 1/2 inches tall. When Marcus turns one and I quit nursing I will measure my height again and see if I grew another inch. You never know.

I have been exercising regularly again. It helps me with SAD so much and gives me more energy. I usually either walk on the treadmill on an incline for 30 to 45 minutes, or I do my super cheesy 1980s preggo workout video that I have to mute because the music sucks. It is a good workout for a pregnant lady though!  Let me just say that I am DYING to go running outside again! I know a lot of women run through their pregnancies. I am not one of them. Not to mention the totally nasty air right now. But I am counting down the days to next summer when I'm no longer preggo and can hit the pavement again. Running is so addicting. Every time I drive around our neighborhood I visualize myself running and try to estimate the number of miles from various spots back to our house. I've already planned several routes in my head that I am excited to run. And I love that it's pretty much all flat road around our house. I'm thinking of asking for a double jogging stroller for Christmas, and yes I realize that's a long ways away, but I'm excited to run again! Also my friend Karen and I are planning to run the Timpanogos Half Marathon in 2014. I've been dying to run this race, but didn't last year, can't this year because I won't have enough time to train after having Marcus, and so next year it is! Can't wait!

2 comments:

Karen said...

yeah! I made it on the blog! I keep thinking about running too! It sounds so nice but the freezing temps talk me out of it. Sometime soon!

Team Beardshall said...

Ahhh common, boy clothes are cute! You'll think so once you see him in them...you wont be able to stop buying them! We went to the car show this year, what a good time. The people watching was a good time for sure! Glad everything is looking well with baby, technology rocks!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...