It happened again ... Mitch turned another year older. :) He turned 32 last week and I dare say he had a fun birthday week. I dare say so because he thanked me for "such a fun birthday week" when all the festivities were over.
We had a nice family dinner the Sunday before his birthday with Mitch's fam where he was spoiled with good food, cake, and gifts. We also had a nice family dinner the Sunday after his birthday with my family where he was spoiled once again. Thanks to everyone for showing your love to Mitch!
The weekend of his birthday we were able to go to dinner at a local Italian restaurant that has amazing food.
Later we were also able to see the movie "Lincoln" which was very insightful.
On his actual birthday he had to work, but we partied when he came home. Layla and I made a fancy dinner complete with salad, bacon wrapped filet mignon, garlic mashed red potatoes (one of his favorites), and made from scratch garlic rolls (they were a huge hit, even Layla loved them!). For dessert we had leftover cake and some lemon sorbet. Delicious. Then Mitch opened his gifts from Layla and I. We got him some ankle weights per his request, The Avengers DVD, some running socks, and some candy. He was happy with his gifts and he and Layla watched part of The Avengers that same night, though Layla calls it "The Bad Guys Movie" and asks to watch it all the time.
Later on in the week Mitch was building some stands for our washer and dryer, which I will post pics of when he's done, and he tweaked his back. He walked a little funny for a couple of days after, but thankfully it was nothing major and he is all better now. Aren't back problems a pain and so weird how they can happen so suddenly? Mitch said it was because he's "old" now.
And, just to brag for a minute, Mitch got a letter in the mail yesterday from his school saying that he made "the Graduate Dean's List for the 2012 calendar year." Wow, what an accomplishment. You have to basically pull a 4.0 GPA for the entire academic year in order to make that list. How he manages that while working full-time and being the best dad and husband ever is beyond me. He amazes me.
The university is hosting an Honors Convocation to recognize the students who made the Dean's List for 2012. Unfortunately it is at the university, which is in a different state, so we won't be going. But I am so proud of him regardless. I love him so much, nerdiness, brains, and all! In fact, his smarts are one of the things that attracted me to him so much in the first place. And I still love that about him.
I love you, Mitch, and I'm glad you had a great birthday week!
1 comment:
Holy cow!!!!! How can you NOT brag about Mitch making the Dean's list? He is so smart and I agree.....how does he manage to do everything he does and still get such good grades? We are so proud of you both!It takes the two of you to keep everything going so that he can keep it up!
Post a Comment