She had her first experience with dance this month and she rocked it. There was a 12 year old girl in our neighborhood who decided to teach a free dance class for her Young Women's service project. I didn't know about it, but the morning of the first practice my neighbor told me about it and I took Layla right over. Nothing beats free, right?
I took a couple of videos of the recital. Please notice how Layla is pointing her finger at the audience and saying, "You can't take pictures yet!" I'm not sure why that made her so upset, but it was hilarious. Also, when her teacher was upfront with the microphone making a little speech, Layla ran up to her and tried to get her attention by talking to her and pulling on her shirt, totally interrupting her speech. I felt so bad and later apologized to the teacher, who told me it was okay because Layla's "cuteness makes up for it." She seemed to really like Layla.
In this video she's trying to do the dance moves with the older classes, and they keep trying to push her to the back (where she's supposed to be). So sad, but so funny at the same time.
Mitch and I went to the recital. It was very well done; I was impressed! Layla's class danced first. It was pretty much hilarious. I saw these girls do really well during practice, but then the recital came and they all just did their own thing. It was a hoot. Although, Layla did still do most of the dance moves, maybe just a little slower than she was supposed to. :)
She sat like such a big a girl with her class on their row of chairs during the recital. Then at the end I had to call poison control because they turned out the lights and gave all of the dancers glow sticks to dance around with— Layla thought it was candy and ate some. For future reference, they are not poisonous.
I'm glad we got this opportunity to try Layla in dance. I think there will definitely be dance classes in her future!
No comments:
Post a Comment