10.08.2013

Phone Dump

Here's a bunch of pics and a video off my phone, in no particular order:

Marcus thinks Layla is downright hilarious. I love it. He has the best sense of humor. Every day he has a period where he is in a laughing mood and laughs at anything and everything we do. It's the best! His little personality is emerging and the more I see of it the more I am reminded of my brother, Brock. They are both lighthearted and looking for a good time. They are both fun to be around. Also, I love this video because my kids such cute laughs!
I was lucky enough to get a head cold from the devil himself a few weeks back. Seriously, it was the worst cold I've ever had. Marcus got a little cold to start it all off, then Layla had a fever for a few hours, then a cough that lingered forever, then I got the satanic cold that I am just barely getting over. Whew, it sucked.

 Layla loves sidewalk chalk. One evening this summer she wrote the following words. I had to tell her how to spell Harvey and Marcus, but the rest she knows on her own. She can also spell her last name and repeat my phone number.
HARVEY
LAYLA
DAD
MOM
MARCUS
On her way to preschool.
Uncle time.
Jordan's first time meeting Marcus.
Now that we're all starting to feel better and Mitch is enjoying his work, life is good and we're having fun.

We went to Antelope Island over conference weekend and enjoyed spending some time in the sunshine. Conference was nice, as always.
We went bowling for my grandma's bday.
Layla ate a fudgesicle.
I wish I had been able to pay more attention to the talks (kind of hard with two kids), especially now that I was called to teach our ward Relief Society lessons on the conference talks ... I teach for the first time this month. I'm nervous.
Twins! My mom bought them the ties.



Layla still loves preschool. We also put her in this little dance class our neighbor teaches. They don't learn a choreographed dance, it's more just learning to move her body, stretching, practicing somersaults, etc. She has a good time and is actually way better at her somersaults now.
We make a lot of cookies around here.




Here blonde moment for the day: sitting in the pool with her towel on because she was cold. 
Layla still involves her beloved Kitty in every aspect of her life. She does this little high-pitched voice when Kitty is talking. And man, does he talk a lot! Ha, ha! He is always suggesting fun things for us to do and it's weird how he always knows just what Layla wants (sarcasm). When Kitty talks to me, he calls me "Lacey" and it makes me laugh every time. When Layla has to go to the bathroom or leave somewhere, she will tell Mitch or I to "watch Kitty and make sure he's okay. If he starts crying, just tell me and I'll come nurse him to sleep." Ha, ha, ha. She's such a little mommy to her kitty! Oh, and guess who joined us for family pictures? And was in our family pictures? No, not our cat Harvey. Layla's grey, stuffed kitty, Kitty. Yep, we were faced with two choices: let Kitty be in our beautiful family pictures, or have the pictures completely ruined by a tantrum-throwing three year old. We figured having Kitty in the pics would be funnier. I can't wait to get them back and it will be fun to have those pics and remember when Kitty was our third child (and I'm not being sarcastic about that. While I was opposed to Kitty in the pics at first, I really do think it's funny/cute now).
Tied Kitty onto her bike.

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...