11.01.2015

Halloween 2015

Yee haw! Halloween was a success this year!

Layla wanted to be a cowgirl, and Marcus is still young enough that he was willing to go along with anything, so he was a cowboy.

We had lots of festivities this year! Layla had a party at school where she wore her costume and I volunteered to help with the Bingo game. It was fun to see Layla in her classroom, speaking Chinese, and partying with her friends.

We went to the ward party. Mitch and I were on the committee and it was actually fun to help put that together. The decorations were awesome and the kids had a blast playing the games and the food was good too! My mom came to the party with us since Mitch was out of town. He actually flew in that night, so he made it to the tail end of the party. I even dressed up in Katie's Cleopatra costume that night since Layla had been begging me to dress up. I guess I should be more festive for my kid's sake!

We had fun at Mammey and Papa Bott's house on Sunday with a Halloween dinner. The kids wore their costumes, decorated sugar cookies and pumpkins, and made pizza. They loved it!

Today we're going to my parent's and get to see Evelyn in her costume. She's going to be a hedgehog. Soooooooooo cute! I can't wait to squeeze her! I have no doubt that our dinner will be yummy and we will have fun playing Halloween Bingo. :)


Mitch took the kids trick-or-treating. They were out for two hours and had SO much fun! Marcus rode in the stroller in between houses and carried him up and down the stairs to speed up the process. Their buckets were full when they got back and they made me laugh because the first thing they decided to eat was a bag of Cheetos! Ha! After each house, Marcus would say, "Next house!" And when he got home, he told me in his cute little voice, "Trick or treat is fun, Mom!" Layla had a great time and was able to see some of her friends. She looked cute and is great at remembering to say thank you at each house. I loved her excitement the whole afternoon leading up to trick or treating; she literally could not hold still! She made me laugh and reminded me what it was like to be a kid.

We had a great Halloween! Until next year!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Its good to catch up on your blog even though I may know most of what has gone on that you write about, it is still awesome to read your writings. You and Mitch are such good parents and have the best little family! You all inspire me each day to be a better person and I love being part of your family!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...