2.19.2018

Valentine's Day 2018

I got to spend my Valentine's Day with Layla at her class party. We walked across the street to the assisted living home and her class sang a few songs to the residents. It was very sweet and made me miss Grandma Bott. I wish I had taken a pic of me with Layla that day! :/ I'm the worst at taking pics, but I do great at living in the moment!

That night we had a special family dinner. I had given Mitch and the kids each an invitation to our dinner and told them they could wear fancy clothes or a silly costume. Layla and Mitch chose fancy and Marcus and I chose silly, which is totally typical for our family dynamic. I love it. Marcus's idea of "silly" wasn't what I expected. He just asked me if his clothes matched and I told him no, so that was his idea of silly, ha!
We had a nice candlelight dinner of tikka masala and naans. It was delish. I had made a healthy cheesecake for dessert, but it was NASTY, so Marcus and I ran and bought each of us a donut before dinner. Donuts for dessert, go me. Mitch came home with pretty roses for me and chocolates for the kids. It was a perfect Valentine's with my favorite loves.
The kids made Valentine's for their grandparents and cousins, which we passed out the week before when we saw them. My mom had us over the Sunday before for a delicious Valentine's dinner and that was nice. I also gave the kids each a tiny mailbox and put little notes or treats in it each day in February leading up to Valentine's day. They loved it.
I love our family!!!

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...