5.23.2024

Last Day of School

 Today is the last day of school for the kiddos. Layla finished 8th grade and Marcus finished 5th grade. They are so happy to be done, but no one is more happy than Marcus who did not enjoy his teacher this year. She retired and I'm pretty sure she felt done and it showed. But, we made it through and we're excited for summer!

We celebrated Marcus's 11th birthday this past week. I remember rocking him to sleep for hours on end like it was yesterday. Hard to believe he's 11! 

Layla did not make SBO for 9th grade and she was so sad. She is more used to the idea of having more free time to pursue other things now, but I'm sure if there was a way for her to be an SBO next year she would take it. Hard life lessons for sure. I am hopeful that her 9th grade year will be delightful either way.

Mitch and I bought a new (to us) boat and are itching to get it out on the water. Hopefully this weekend!

I am still plugging away as young women's president. This calling has stretched me and pushed me in many ways. We are gearing up for Girls Camp in July. I can't believe I've already had this calling for 7 months; feels like 2! 

Last month I left the private practice counseling world and went part time as a therapist at the junior high where I was a school counselor before. It has been a great change for me and I've enjoyed the impact I've been able to have on students.

Mitch got a new position at work and it seems he is getting home from work earlier than normal, which is awesome! His official title is now "The Weapon Systems Architect," so now I tease him that he's an engineer, a doctor, and an architect. 

The new Layton temple is opening next month. We get to attend the broadcast for the dedication on Father's Day. Even Marcus was granted a special use temple recommend so he can attend, too. We are going to the open house tomorrow as a family. Layla and I went with the youth and it is beautiful! 

Well, I'm off to prep for summer and fun stuff with the family.

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...