2.16.2024

It's a New Dawn, It's a New Day

 2024 is here. Last year treated us well, overall. The year ended with a wonderful Christmas, some skiing (but crappy snow) and overall good health. Can't ask for more than that.

Other highlights:

I finished my schooling for my CMCH certificate in December. I am now an Associate CMHC, chipping away at the required 3,000 hours and two state tests to become fully licensed. It will take me just under 2 years to finish. I accepted a second, part-time position today back at the same junior high I worked at as a school counselor. This time I will work as an IET (integrated Educational Therapist). I'm excited to be back there with great people!

Marcus's robotics team has done well this year. They have one competition left and that is their final chance to qualify for state. They have been SO close every competition and made it to finals, but just haven't quite qualified for state yet. Regardless, he has had fun on his team with his friends.

Layla got a role in her 8th/9th grade musical as a best friend of Elle Woods in Legally Blonde. She wanted a different role, but is now excited and enjoying practicing.

Mitch was invited to his coworker's "retiring from industry" party, which entails this friend buying Mitch a first class airplane ticket (round trip) to California to party at his friend's home. This friend is flying out another coworker and his favorite bartender from SLC. Wow. He dreams big. I like it. Anyways, Mitch is looking forward to that and I'm sure it will be unlike any other party he's ever attended. 

Mitch has also been skiing as much as time allows this winter, though it's not quite as fun when it hasn't snowed as much. The kids and I have been too, but Mitch definitely goes the most. 

Mitch and I were quite sick a few weeks ago. I had some virus that turned bacterial and ended up on an antibiotic. Mitch got THE WORST case of pink eye I've ever seen, in both eyes. He missed an entire week of work and his eyes were practically swollen shut. It was nasty. The drops from the dr have now made his eyes a bit cloudy to look far away, so now he's trying to clear that up. But thankfully the kids did not get sick (crazy miracle) and we're feeling better. 

I can't believe Layla is currently choosing classes for 9th grade! That girl wants to take all theater, musical theater, orchestra, choir, etc. I'm trying to talk her into getting some of her computer science and PE credits done and over with, but she's not buying it. We'll see what ends up happening. Marcus is looking forward to 6th grade and a new teacher. I think he'll be very happy to say goodbye to 5th grade, though having a slightly grumpy teacher has taught him a lot of good life lessons.

Harvey is still kicking. Such a funny cat. I will miss him when he's gone, but some days he drives me insane. Always in my way, always sleeping on our bed, always tripping me in the dark. But he does make me laugh occassionally, so we keep him.

Welp, gotta go take Layla to dance now. She's still loving Illume and their program there.

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...