We gave my mom this metal flower thing that you stick in your yard for decoration. It sounds weird, but it's super cute. She loved it and it looks great in her yard. It was fun celebrating with my crazy, funny family.
The next day, my friend Erin and I threw a baby shower for our friend Jill. I must say, Jill is the cutest pregnant lady ever! Not to embarrass her or anything, but this is the first time in Jill's life that she's ever weighed over 100 pounds and she looks so cute! The shower was nice; it was fun to see people from the ward I grew up in. I made Jill a diaper cake that Erin and I gave her as our gift. It looks cute from the front, but the back was really lopsided. But hey, I tried my best!
After the shower Mitch and I went boating with my parents. Their new boat is super nice. They're going to get a ski boom, but they're not sure what kind to get. Any suggestions would be appreciated ... Mitch, my dad, and I all did a little water skiing. I haven't done that in over a year and I forgot how many muscles you use just skiing for a few minutes. I wasn't very good. I didn't stay up very long. I did have a couple okay runs, but nothing like I used to do. Mitch did great though! He got up on his first try and had a few good runs. We stayed on the lake until the sun went down. I LOVE boating and wish we could go more often.
On Sunday we celebrated Kathy's, my mother-in-law's, birthday. We went in with Katie and Chase and got her a Kathy purse. She LOVED it! The purse is that Kathy Van Zeeland brand and "Kathy" is spelled the same way as my mom-in-law's name. She already has a couple of these purses, but wanted another one for fall. Aren't we women hilarious? I totally have a fall/winter purse and a spring/summer purse too. Anyways, I'm really glad she liked the purse and that Katie is an awesome E-bayer. Is that a word? I'm pretty sure I just made that up.
Well, school starts tomorrow. I have two internet classes and one night class. The night class is Document Design, the online classes are my internship class and my eminent author class (see previous blog). I'm pretty excited to be starting my last semester. Mitch is trying to find a hobby so he's not bored after work. Any suggestions?
2 comments:
Jill is the cutest pregnant girl, ever! What a cute picture of her. I haven't seen her in a really long time. Good luck starting the new semester.
Sounds like a good weekend! I am jealous that you went boating - one of my favorite summer activities. I think that you should make some hobbies for Mitch. find things around the house that you want fixed/updated and put him to work, ha :) I am sure he will love that suggestion!
Post a Comment