9.16.2008

Mission "Find Internship" Completed!

Today I officially started my internship for school. I am an intern for Telford Financial (TF). They are a subunit of the company I work for. One day I was talking to the president of TF and I told him I'm graduating in technical writing. He said he had some proposals he needs help writing and I told him how I was looking for an internship. Batta bing batta boom-I have an internship! Yeah! I submitted my proposal for the internship to my professor last week. I was worried about it all weekend, thinking, "Oh no, what if she doesn't approve it? How will I find another internship in such a short time period? What will I do? Maybe I should have been more specific in my proposal. Oh no!" Well not only did it get approved, but I got full credit on my proposal. Oh yeah! (I think I worry about school and grades WAY too much. I stress myself out about it constantly. I think the stress and worry drives me to do well though.) I am so excited to do some "real" technical writing and so happy I could find a great internship. I don't have to commute anywhere, I'm still getting paid for being at my regular job, and my boss is totally cool.

Also: today my sis-in-law, Katie, invited me to eat lunch at Coldstone. Yes, Mitch, you can eat ice cream for lunch. :) It was amazing. Katie had the new marshmallow flavored ice cream and I had the new nutter butter flavor. How does Coldstone do it? How do they make the ice cream taste exactly like whatever flavor it is they're mimicking? Cake batter, marshmallow, banana, nutter butter, peppermint patty, they all taste exactly like they sound. That's amazing. Thank you, Coldstone, for making me so happy. And thanks, Katie, for inviting me! So fun!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I don't think you knew Will and I have a blog. but now you do :)

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...