10.17.2008

The "Oooooh Game"

When I was little, my mom sometimes worked nights. So, me, my brothers, and my dad were pretty wild. My dad let us do about anything, including last minute camping trips, running around half-naked, and shooting our bows and arrows off the roof of our house. Yeah, that's what it's like growing up with only brothers. One thing we often did was play the Ooooh Game.
We invented the "Ooooh Game." ("Oooooh" is pronounced in a scary, ghost-like voice.) We would make a fire in the fireplace, then turn off all the lights in the house. My dad would go into his bedroom and count. Me and my brothers would run around frantically, giggling the whole time, trying to find hiding places. I remember having that scared, but excited feeling, where my heart was racing cuz I didn't want my dad to find me, but I was also trying to hold in the giggles . Once my dad was done counting, he would come out and slowly crawl around on his hands and knees, while saying, "Oooooooh," in his scariest voice possible. He would vary the pitch and volume of his voice to make it scarier. I could always tell when he was close to me cuz I could hear him. Of course I would always start laughing, he would find me, and tickle me until I couldn't breathe. We all loved the Ooooh Game. It wasn't until recently I found out that while my dad was "counting," waiting for us to hide, he was really watching TV and he'd just come out on the commercials. Ha,ha.
I've always remembered playing this game and how much fun I thought it was. So last Halloween, I made Mitch count while I found a hiding spot. Okay, Mitch wasn't nearly as into this as I was, but that's okay. Mitch came out (he didn't crawl, he walked), saying "Ooooh," and walked right past me! Unfortunately, our naughty cat Harvey gave me away. He walked right over to me and pointed me out to Mitch. Ha,ha. It was still fun though. It'll be fun to play the Ooooh Game with our kids. I'll have to have my dad play it with them too. I wonder if Mitch will play the Ooooh Game with me on Halloween ...

2 comments:

Blass Family said...

No way!My dad, sister and I inveted that game!!! LOL We totally played that too and LOVED IT! We try to play with our kids, but they are too little they get scared!

Chelsi Archibald said...

That is too funny! Dad's are hilarious!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...