10.19.2008

Witches 'N' Such

Mitch and I had a "halloweeny" weekend. On Friday night we went to a Halloween party at a neighbor's house. There was about 8 couples there, no kids. We all dressed up. I wore my poodle skirt and Mitch was my bad-A boyfriend in his white shirt and blue jeans. We played "Body Body." It's a murder-in-the-dark type game played, obviously, in the dark. (All the lights were off, the windows were covered, etc. It was really hard to see.) When you find a dead person, you yell, "Body!Body!" Anyways, one time before the lights went off, Mitch told me he had a good hiding spot. I asked, "Oh, is there room for two?" He said yes and I followed him to the table, which we crawled under and hid. We were under there for about 2 or 3 minutes. We were laughing at everyone because we could hear them yelling and running into things. Then, out of nowhere, Mitch ran his hand across my throat and said, "You're dead." Mitch was the murderer! I immediately yelled at him, "I can't believe you just did that!!!" I kept saying that to him as he crawled out from under the table to kill more people and try to win the game. What a sick-o! I totally fell for it. It was so funny. It's a really fun game!
On Saturday we went to the gym; I did aqua aerobics and it made my hip feel great all day. Later, I went with my mom, my sis-in-law Katie, and my mom-in-law Kathy to Gardner Village. We looked at the darling displays, ate lunch, bought Christmas decor, and had a grand ol' time. I fell in love with these adorable European hats they had for sale. (I had a similar one on my mission, only it was really ugly. I wore it because it kept me so warm; it had a flap that I could pull out to cover the back of my neck and my ears. I wish I would have kept it!) These hats at Gardner Village are more stylish. Anyways,I was glad we went to see the witches. It was really cute and I had a good time.
Today we went to church. I really liked the sacrament talks. One point the speaker made that I liked was that we often pray for things, but forget to do our part. It's a good reminder that if I'm going to pray and ask for something, I need to do my part and then Heavenly Father will do His part.
After church we went to Mitch's grandma's house. It was nice to see that side of the family, we don't see them often enough. Katie made a delicous pumpkin dessert that I need to get the recipe for. She makes good desserts.
After that, Mitch and I drove around to look at the changing leaves. I love this time of year!
Well, I think I'll sneak downstairs and yell "Body!Body!" to try and scare Mitch. :)

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...