- Palin's whole spill is "I'm a cute, little soccer mom. I'm a business owner. I understand you. *wink, wink* I was governor of a large state, Alaska. I can't wait to give more rights to families with children who have disabilities. We should drill in Alaska, where I'm from. *wink, smile, nod* The McCain Campaign is going to make changes. Unfortunately, guys, I can't tell ya what those changes are cuz I'm too busy babbling and changing the darn subject."
- Biden's whole spill is "We will focus on the middle class. The middle class is the economic engine of this country. Let's find other energy solutions besides oil. Obama and I are a team. He wants me in the room with him during decision-making times so I can give him my best opinion. We have a plan to pull out of Iraq. If we can get Bin Laden, we will."
- My feelings about Palin are "Sarah, my mom is a 'soccer mom and business owner' too. Does that qualify her to be the vice-president? No! Don't tell me that just because you have kids that play sports you're automatically qualified to run this country. I don't want someone like me or my mom to be VP. (No offense, Mom.) I want someone who knows more than me and speaks better than me too. I want someone with background, history, education, and experience. You're soccer mom days won't help you defend this country against terrorists. Quit using that as your commercial line. I don't want to get oil from America. I want another, long term solution. And Palin, what are you going to do for this country? You never answered that question directly. You say you're going to make changes, yet you can't say how or what you're going to change. Spit it out."
- My feelings about Biden are "Thank you for being straightforward. Thank you for your experience and time in the U.S. Government. Thank you for pulling troops out of Iraq in an efficient manner. Thank you for still being concerned about terrorists and Bin Laden. Thank you for focusing on the middle class. Thank you for realizing that there are more important things for America than helping families with disabled children. Don't get me wrong, I think we should help them, but I think the VP's focus needs to be on issues that will serve the vast majority of America and leave the smaller-reaching issues to others. Thank you, Biden, for proposing a new energy plan that moves us away from our dependency on foreign oil and closer to other answers like solar and wind."
10.02.2008
Palin and Biden
We just watched the vice-presidential debate. I hadn't previously watched any debates or educated myself on the opposing parties. (I plan to before I vote so I can be an educated voter.) I don't understand a lot about politics and I've never been into the whole thing. But I learned a lot from the debate. I've always been a Republican. I still am, but I'm leaning towards Obama. Here's why according to what I gleaned from the debate:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2024 Wrap Up
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
-
No, I did not do anything scandalous at the Keith Urban concert last night, although I'm sure many other women did. For Mother's Day...
-
"Come on down and join the winning team, because here at Globo Gym we're better than you, and we know it!" Ha,ha, remember tha...
-
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
4 comments:
Don't be fooled by Obama's charisma. Have you looked at Obama's experience? He really doesn't have more than she does. Seriously. Don't fall into the Obama trap.
Lacey thank you for your insight. I too have had a hard time with making a decion I have so many people pulling me in both directions my family LOVES McCain and Palin, but Nated family is HUGE Obama fans. I see ups and downs for both parties, I am not even going to vote because I feel that I dont have a complete opinion on either side.
Make your own decision on what you want not what the crowd says to do. I love that you are a republican and still listening to all that the democratic party has to offer! Good luck with your decision making!
Lacey this is Will. I am glad to see that you are trying to educate yourself on these things as they are very important. Here in November, we are going to decide on who gets to be the leader of the "free" world. As for your comments, I appreciate your lack of attack, as most Obama supporters will do just that. As for your post, I would like to add the following....
First bullet. I don't buy the soccer mom thing either, but it refreshing in my opinion to see someone who is open about their personal life in politics. Politics has been and is a game of secrets.
Second bullet. I disagree that Obama/Biden will focus on the middle class. They plan to raise taxes on bigger business, because, "hey, they can afford a raise in taxes, right?" I think this is harmful, in several ways. More importantly it is harmful, because everyone that sells something, be it a good or a service, is always looking for ways to improve their profits. And levying taxes against those people causes things like downsizing and the outsourcing of labor, which in translation means loss of jobs. I am right in the middle of the middle class, and I would hate to see my employer hammered with more taxes than he already pays.
As for Iraq, there is already a tiered retraction plan, that was passed by our congress. What will happen if Obama is elected, is an immediate withdrawal from Iraq, which could possibly create a power vacuum. I think that alone would be disasterous.
Third bullet. Energy independence is an important subject, but a very sticky one. If you would like some research points on where to start look up: ANWR, NPR-A, and anything dealing with our federal reserves. Long term independence is very important, you have nailed that.
As for what either of the candidates are going to do as far as change goes, they will both be bound by congress and the supreme court. A president's power is limited by our government(and rightfully so as we would have dictatorships!), and the belief that one person can bring about the changes that ARE needed is a fallacy in my opinion.
As for what all this "talk" about change will bring, it will be interesting to see, no matter who gets elected, how much of their changes they will actually accomplish!
Fourth bullet. Personally, and this is my opinion, so take it for what it's worth to you. I think that wind and solar power are a crap shoot, and will only be effective "supplementary" forms of energy.
Lacey, you are great. Being open minded and concerned is a good thing with something this important.
Will
P.S. Sorry for the super long.
And how! Palin is cute as a button, but so is my 80 year old grandma. As for Biden, the only awkward moment of the VP debate was the whole gay marriage question. I don't know what to make of that. However, he handled things well. Good thoughts, thank you!
Post a Comment