11.17.2008

The Five People You Meet in Heaven

I recently read The Five People You Meet in Heaven, by Mitch Albom. I loved it. (Anyone who knows me well, knows that I LOVE to read. I just wish I had more time to do it.) Anyways, I thought this book was very well written. It isn't a college-level read or anything like that, but I do applaud the author for his writing style. The storyline is very deep and thought-provoking.
Since I liked the book so much, I decided to watch the movie. Mitch watched it with me, such a sweet hubby! The movie was great, but as always, the book was better. (My imagination is better than anything a movie director can pull off.) If you don't like to read, I would still recommend watching the movie. It might make you cry though. Not to embarrass Mitch or anything, but we both cried during the movie. In our defense, there was a really tender scene between a husband and wife being reunited in heaven. How can anyone not cry when you believe in eternal marriage and you're just so in love with your spouse?
Overall: I highly recommend the book and the movie.

1 comment:

Chelsi Archibald said...

I've been wanting to read some of Mitch Albom's stuff. This inspires me to do so as I've heard nothing but good things. I don't blame you guys for crying, Michael and I cried during the notebook. The dedication between the old couple is so sweet, I mean honestly! We understand completely. Mitch can shed those tears with pride :)

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...