Despite the goths, we actually had a very fun time. My mom is hilarious and every time we'd be on a fast ride she would scream bloody murder, even if it wasn't scary. She did it to be funny and it did make me laugh. We went on Indiana Jones first cuz that is (or should I say was?) my favorite ride. My new favorite has got to be Space Mountain. What's cooler than riding a roller coaster in the dark? I really like how they redid that ride- pure awesomeness. Mitch loved Space Mountain too. We also liked Tower of Terror, Soaring, and Screamin' California.
We went to Disneyland one day and California Adventure the next. We were exhausted by 5:00 both days. How pathetic, we couldn't even last until the parade or fireworks. Ha,ha. We made fun of ourselves for that one.
My mom's friends Judi and Sam got us an awesome deal on hotel rooms. We rented a sweet mini van to get around in. It was funny because it totally peeled out every time the driver stepped on the gas. We laughed so hard every time Mitch or my mom peeled out. Hilarious.
We were able to spend time with Judi and her girls and Stacey and her girls. My uncle came and hung out with us, Judi, and Stacey two of the nights we were there. It was good to see him. Stacey thinks my uncle is hot, which he is a good looking guy, but Stacey is married with three kids, and she kept flirting with him. It was pretty funny. Stacey and Judi are such nice hostesses. They really treat you like family.
The only downer of the whole trip was that Mitch had a nasty head cold. I felt so bad dragging him around the park. He seemed to have fun though and said he liked it. I guess I really only felt bad making him get his picture taken with me and the Disney characters cuz I know he hates that. Ha,ha. He's feeling better now so that's good.
Well, I love Disneyland. I was literally skipping and singing through the park. I even wore my Mickey Mouse ears to the airport and around the hotel. (I would have worn them to the park, but they don't have a string or anything to keep them on, so I probably would have lost them.) I think I embarrassed my family with the ears, but I thought it was hilarious. As much as I love Disneyland, I think I'm just fine with going every 2 or 3 years. It had been 5 since the last time I was there, and I'm okay with that. I think waiting a while to go makes it all the more magical the next time you're there. Hopefully the next time we go it won't be Goth Day!
4 comments:
I love Disneyland!!! It sounds like you had a fabulous time! Did Kevin tell you Harvey was a naughty cat while you were gone? I guess he knocked over the kitty litter every night and Kevin had to vacumm it up every time he went to check on him - I personally think it is hilarious and good for Kevin to do a little bit of housework (even if it isn't at his own house) :)
How fun I am so jelouse!!! We really want to take our kids this year I dont know if we will be able to, but it would be awesome!! I love that you wore your mickey ears that is great!! lol
I'm so jealous about those gothics! I wish I could have been a witness to them :) What a bunch of weirdies. I so agree with you that it is worth it to go every 4 or 5 years because it does make it so magical. I'm such a cheese ball, when they have the programs and fireworks and the narrator says, "All your dreams can come true" and its like the voice of a little girl, I always cry! haha, but its okay because my Dad cries too and so I don't feel too bad. He is a sucker for kodak moments.
Where's the goth pics? I want to see what they looked like! How fun for you to go to disneyland! I want to go this spring, but I don't know if I could stand leaving Sam! Glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment