11.03.2008

Where'd All the Trick-or-Treaters Go?

On Halloween Mitch and I chilled at home and passed out candy to the 5 kids that came by. Why don't people go trick-or-treating anymore? The good ol' fashioned kind of trick-or-treating, door to door? Needless to say, we had leftover candy. We had a fun time though. We watched a classic scary movie, The Poltergeist. We also made s'mores with left over Halloween candy. I used a Reese's on mine and Mitch used a Hershey's bar (isn't he so daring? Ha,ha.). Oh and Mitch played the "Oooh Game" with me. It was hilarious; I laughed the whole time.
We spent the entire next day trying to find pirate costumes for a murder mystery dinner we went to at Will and Kelly's. We thought if we waited until the day after Halloween the costumes would be on sale. Not the case, plus we couldn't find anything in the right size. Finally we found some costumes and had a blast at the party. Will and Kelly through good parties. You can check out the pictures here at Kelly's blog. Mitch's face is hilarious in the pics. :)
On Sunday we went to my grandma's for some of her amazing cooking. For dessert, I made a pumpkin pie with no crust. We made s'mores with it. (Can you see a pattern here? I LOVE s'mores!) This is how the s'more went: graham cracker, white chocolate, marshmallow, pumpkin pie, graham cracker. It was pretty rich, but a big hit. I recommend it. (Mitch bought me a book called, 101 S'mores. That's where I get all these crazy s'more ideas from.) My mom brought over their hilarious blow-up costumes, so that was fun. Here's a few random pics from the weekend:

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...