12.08.2008

When I Turned 25 ...

I learned to roll my R's!! That's right, I spent 18 months as a Russian speaking missionary who couldn't roll her R's. I tried and tried, but to no avail. Last week, I turned the big 2-5 and finally learned how to roll my R's. It went something like this:
  • I woke up
  • Mitch spoiled me with gifts and flowers
  • Mitch made me breakfast and lunch
  • We did a little shopping
  • We ate dinner at a great Thai restaurant
  • We saw "The Forgotten Carols"
  • We ate WAY too much ice cream at Leatherby's
And in the car on the way to Leatherby's (best caramel topping ever, hands down!), I learned to roll my R's. I struggled with this talent my entire life, but especially as a missionary. I just couldn't do it. But on my 25th birthday, Mitch taught me how to roll my R's. ( I can't remember how we started rolling our R's. Mitch must have said something and rolled his R, and I said, "I can't do that." So he taught me.) We were laughing SO hard at my attempts, but I finally got it. I'm not great at it, but I can do it. I just don't understand why Heavenly Father didn't let me learn that trick before my mission. It would have made the Russian language so much easier. I guess He did it that way so I could learn to laugh at myself. It was pretty funny.
I had a great birthday. I was spoiled by everyone. Mitch treated me like a princess the entire weekend. He always treats me like a princess though. He's the best husband a girl could ever hope for. My family had a party for me and my bro, Jordan. His b-day is two days after mine. It was fun and everyone is too generous. Thanks everyone for wishing me a happy birthday and for spoiling me. I love you all!
Here's some pics from the weekend.
Mitch made me a giant pancake
Mitch gave me beautiful roses
Mitch gave me these awesome gym clothes that I wanted.
(He picked them out himself and did a great job!)
My parents gave me this cute hat and scarf
and we had to re-decorate our tree cuz Harvey keeps ruining it

5 comments:

Kara said...

Well Happy Birthday!!! Looks like you had a good time :) but who wouldn't with a husband that spoiled you :)

Chelsi Archibald said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday!

Julia M. said...

Happy Birthday! That sounds like a perfect day, and you deserved every bit of it.

Ashlee said...

Hey Lacey! Happy belated birthday to you!! It sounds like you had a good one. I love the scarf your parents gave you, sooo cute! I found your blog through Kara's, is it alright if I post your link to my blog? You are more than welcome to add our link to yours if you'd like, it's coleandash.blogspot.com.
You two are the cutest couple, it sounds like you guys are doing great.

I am totally with you on Leatherby's caramel sauce. I used to always get Tracy's peanut butter cup until recently I discovered the caramel sauce and have realized all this time I have been missing out. Oh well...:) Congratulations on your graduation by the way!!

Unknown said...

Your bday sounds really fun! What a nice hubby you have. Your pics on here are sooooo cute!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...