1.23.2009

Little Things

Last night I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and couldn't sleep. I could hear the rain dripping from the rain gutter and it was driving me nuts. I was thinking about the sound of rain and how it's usually one of those "little things" in life that makes me happy - just not at 3:30 in the morning. Then I started thinking about all the little things in life that make me smile. Here's a few I thought of:
  • a sunny day
  • clean bed sheets
  • the vivid green color of a European summer
  • seeing a newborn baby yawn
  • just hanging out with your husband/wife
  • getting your hair cut
  • the smell of a horse's fur after it rains
  • your cat falling asleep in your lap
  • laying in front of the fireplace and getting lost in a good book
  • leaving the dentist's office
  • watching a group of four-year olds dance on a stage
  • the smell of a puppy's breath
  • the feeling you have after running four miles
  • getting a hug and kiss when you get home from work
  • brushing a horse for the first time after a long winter
  • having a very serious conversation with a four-year old
  • the brisk, fresh air of an early spring morning
  • campfires and s'mores in the summer
  • waking up on Friday morning and remembering it's the weekend
  • tears of happiness for a family member or friend
  • taking treats to church in your scripture bag

I could probably list a lot more, but that's a pretty good list. It makes me all warm and happy inside just thinking about those things!

3 comments:

Chelsi Archibald said...

Those are all very nice. I can tell you grew up with horses though, because I haven't experienced those. Very cute :)

The Clark said...

great list. i would add seeing the sun set & remembering how freaking rad our maker and all his creations are.

Nicole and Kevin said...

I love watching four year olds at a dance recital!!! I think that is the best.

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...