1.21.2009

Because I know It's True

This post is more for me than anything. A little reminder to myself ... Today I read this article called "Hearing and Heeding the Message from the Grove" by Elder Howard (Ensign, February 2009). The article discusses the truths we learn from Joseph Smith's vision, in which Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ. Elder Howard made a statement that really struck me:

"Because of the First Vision, we do things we would not do otherwise. We teach our children, repent, pray, try to walk uprightly, and keep everlastingly at it -- all because of what happened in that grove."

That really made me think. It's not always easy to go to church every week, attend the temple, pay tithing, etc. And I'm definitely not perfect. But I know why I do all of these things even when I don't want to and even when it's hard. It's because I know that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ. Because I have a knowledge of the First Vision, I am able to have faith in the rest of the Gospel. My testimony gives me true, lasting happiness. And that is why I do what I do.

1 comment:

Blass Family said...

That is great insight! Thank you for your testimony!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...