5.11.2009

The Eagles

On Saturday night I met up with my sister in law, Katie, and her friend, Suzie, and we went to The Eagles concert. It was great! It was at the new Rio Tinto stadium. The sound was good there. I wouldn't say the sound is as good as Usana, but it was WAY better than the E-center, which I think has horrible sound. The seating was okay, again Usana is better.

The band was great live. They had three original members if I remember correctly. It was fun to hear some of those songs again. The best part was watching people dance. They were all doing that 70's, slow-motion, hippie dance. It was hilarious. I think we watched them as much as we watched the band. But, I have to admit, by the end of the night the three of us were dancing right along with them. We didn't totally get into the hippie groove, but we were close. Ha,ha.

Before the concert I said I thought the encore song would be "Hotel California," but they played that one at the begining of the show. So then I said it would be "Desperado." Well, they came out for the encore and played "Take It Easy" and one other one, I can't remember now. I was so distraught; I couldn't imagine that they wouldn't play Desperado! (When I was in 4-H there was a team called, "The Desperados." Any time one of their team members ran the barrels they would play Deperado" over the loud speaker. I always wanted to be on their team just for that. But alas, I lived in the boundaries for the "Corral Busters." No cool song for us.) Anyways, they ended up playing "Desperado" for their very last song and I was happy.

Thanks for inviting me, Katie! I had fun and I'm glad we went. It was a little cold, especially since I decided to eat a giant ice cream cone while we were sitting OUTSIDE, but I don't regret it. It was delicious. I do regret not taking my camera though.

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...