5.11.2009

Mom's Day

We celebrated Mother's Day with my family on Saturday. We went to lunch at Archibald's. Yum. We (us kids) all went in and got my mom a ticket to see Keith Urban in September. My sister in laws and I all bought ourselves a ticket so the four of us will go together. I knew my mom would LOVE the idea and she was tickled pink when she opened her gift. (Okay, I must admit, it was a totally selfish gift. I really wanted to go the concert and this was a good excuse.) But I'm glad my mom and sis in laws are as excited as I am. My Grandma Ruth was able to come to lunch with us even though she didn't feel great. I'm glad she came though and I hope she gets feeling better! We visited with Grandma Miles after that. We were lucky to catch her at home; she is one busy lady!

Since it was Mother's Day, I just have to say that my mom is so cool. She's always been one of those "hip" moms who knows what's cool and what's lame. She's super fun to hang out with and she's always cracking jokes and having a good time. She is the kind of mom that made all my friends want to hang out at my house because they liked my mom so much. My mom always supports me in everything- even when I decided to go on a mission and I knew she wouldn't want me to leave for so long, she still supported me and wrote me every week. Thanks, Mom, for everything! I love you!!!

After lunch Mitch went home (and finished the kitchen, pictures coming soon) and the girls went to a bridal shower for Jordan's fiance. It was fun and her family is really nice. I'm so happy for my little brother. Mickayla is a very nice and cute girl and she fits right in with our family. I just hope she doesn't think we're crazy.

On Sunday we went to church. They gave the women over age 18 a slice of pie. It was delicious. I took the biggest piece of chocolate pie I could find. Sorry to everyone else who wanted a big piece. After church, we celebrated Mother's Day with Mitch's family. We were able to visit Grandma Bott, which was nice. She's doing a lot better. We also visited with most of the family at Grandma Jory's and we had a good lunch. I'm pretty sure Kathy liked her gift. I must say that I lucked out in the mother in law department. Kathy has been very accepting and welcoming towards me. Plus, I think she's hilarious. Thanks, Kathy, for being so nice to me and for teaching Mitch to be so kind, loving, and caring.

Harvey didn't get me anything for Mother's Day. I told him not to. Maybe next year.

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...