This story actually starts about 3 years ago when I bought the house. At that time the kitchen had this wonderful flowery look that you can see below.


Since the house was going to be a bachelor pad we couldn't have the super gay flowers on the wall, so we pulled down all the wallpaper. That was a lot of hard work. It was super hot too. We used a steamer to get the wallpaper off, so it was like working in a sauna. The crappy thing about wall paper is that half the wall seems to come off with it, so I had to patch and sand, and patch and sand, and patch and sand (you get the point) before I could paint it. After all that it was pretty much bare white walls until I got married and Lacey started her "nesting" period of making the bachelor pad into a cozy house. After some decorating the kitchen turned into what you see below.
I had been wanting to redo the kitchen for awhile. This all started one day when we just dropped by the tile store just to "look". When we got there they had some tile that we really loved for only $0.99 a sq ft. We couldn't pass it up, so we decided to get it, and things didn't stop until we had redone about everything. It saved a whole lot of money to do everything ourselves, which works great when your dad is a handyman. Well, after all that work, it has turned out really good. I really like it. There are still a few finishing touches I would like to do, but it is pretty much done. Thank goodness. I can finally relax a little when I get home from work instead of working on my 'other' job. Below are some pictures of how it turned out. Of all the things we did, it isn't the tile, or the new countertops, or the sink or fridge, but the little sprayer that came with our faucet is Lacey's favorite part.
3 comments:
It looks fantastic! You guys did a great job!
It looks AWESOME!!! My favorite part is the microwave over the stove (mostly because I am so jealous). You did a great job, I am very impressed. Oh, and Harvey probably shouldn't forget Lacey again on Mother's Day, ha ha :)
The kitchen looks so amazing! You guys did a great job! Lacey, I will post about the ragnar in your post above, I just had to comment on your kitchen first :).
Post a Comment