9.10.2009

I'd Look Good in Your Shirt, Keith!!!

No, I did not do anything scandalous at the Keith Urban concert last night, although I'm sure many other women did. For Mother's Day, my sis-in-laws and I all went in and got my mom a ticket to Keith Urban and we bought ourselves tickets too. So last night was the big event. We all stuffed ourselves at the Lion House Pantry before the show. Then we watched Little Big Town, the opening act. They are very talented, but for some reason I've just never got that into them.
Before Keith came out, they had a huge screen where you could text a message on your phone and it would show up on the big screen. People were texting things like "I love you, Keith!" and "I missed a wedding for you, Keith!" and "I'd look good in your shirt, Keith!" It was hilarious.

Keith did put on a great show. Very entertaining. For example, as he was walking through the crowd of people (to play a few songs on a small stage at the opposite end of the real stage), a mob of women grabbed at him and ended up falling at least 4 feet over the railing onto the hard, cement floor. When Keith finally made it to the microphone, he actually asked if everyone was okay. For an entire song, his bodyguards and security were pulling people up off the floor. I'm sure someone got seriously injured. It was nuts! And so entertaining!


Keith did a lot of fun things during the concert. He signed tennis balls and hit them with a tennis racket out into the audience. He played a few songs in the crowd, which I thought he was pretty crazy for doing since so many women practically mauled him. Like I said, he had a small stage set up on the opposite end of the arena where he played 5 or 6 songs. He had so many different guitars, and they were all super cool. One had flashing neon lights that changed color with every cord. You can kind of see that guitar at the end of this video. This video also shows how much singing the crowd did. And it shows Keith, right in the middle of a mob.
.
Another guitar looked like a shattered mirror and it reflected his hands in the broken glass. He changed his guitar after almost every song. He played a lot of guitar solos, more than I thought he ever would. He's no Led Zeppelin or Eric Clapton, but he definitely holds his own. He also had baby pictures of each of his band members up on the big screen while he introduced them, which was funny.
We all loved the concert and had a great time. While it was good, my mom and I agreed that it still doesn't beat the Coldplay concert. Or a Garth Brooks concert. No one will beat Garth's concert until they swing on a rope across the Delta Center (Energy Solutions, whatever). I'm glad we went to Keith Urban though! I had a good time with the girls! And, my Mom totally rocks. Happy Mother's Day in September, Mom!
By the way, it was sooooo HOT in the arena, which explains the flat hair ... Good times.

5 comments:

Chelsi Archibald said...

I think if I were to listen to country I'd listen to him. He is about as much as I can stand. I like him :)

Nicole and Kevin said...

I went to his concert a few years back and loved it!!! I think he puts on a great show! What a fun idea for a Mother's Day gift.

ryan and jessica said...

your blog is so cute!! i love it. i am so jealous you went to the show, but watching the videos is like i did too! i will add you to my blog "stalking" list :)
p.s. i thought the chad and rachel blog on the right...was OUR chad and rachel and i was very confused, but it is not ;)

Unknown said...

We actually got tickets the day of the concert and they were good seats....17 rows up!!! I LOVE Keith and of course, as usual, he put on an awesome show!!

Ashlee said...

Wow, that Keith is brave! That concert sounded awesome!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...