11.24.2009

My Grandma Always Said Mormons Don't Bet

I distinctly remember my Gma Miles always getting a little upset when my brothers and I would say, "I'll betcha ..." She would always say, "Now, now, Mormons don't bet." I didn't understand that as a kid. Why did it matter if we bet on who could run the fastest or eat the most of Grandma's after school snacks? (We lived at Grandma's while my dad built our house. I loved it because everyday after school my Grandma would make us a snack.) Anyways, now that I'm older I see her point. I wouldn't go to Vegas and blow all my money, but I do enjoy a good little bet every once in a while.

So, we started a little wager with my family. We each guessed what the baby's birth date, weight, and length will be. We each put in $6, $2 for each category. Eleven people guessed, so the person closest in each category will win $22. The only rule was that you couldn't guess what anyone else had already guessed. We each signed the back of the paper to make it official. (That was either Brock's or Jordan's suggestion. They said they didn't trust anyone else to own up. Ha,ha.) Here are our guesses: (btw, my actual due date is April 2.)
Weight: Length: Birth Date:
Mitch 6.9 pounds 17.7 inches March 18
Lacey 7.4 pounds 18.25 inches April 2
Doug 6.3 pounds 17.5 inches April 1
Lorraine 5.1 pounds 18 inches March 2
Brock 5.7 pounds 17 inches April 3
Natalie 6.11 pounds 19.5 inches March 13
Jordan 5.9 pounds 18 1/8 inches March 26
Mickayla 6.2 pounds 16 inches April 4
Ruth 5.8 pounds 18.5 inches March 12
Michelle 6.1 pounds 18.75 inches March 24
Alex 7.25 pounds 19 inches March 23

Sorry, Grandma. I know this goes against what you tried to teach us. But don't worry, we would never gamble away all of our money. We just like to have a little fun ... Best of luck to everyone! You'd better all pay up when it's time!!!

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...