There are a few things I haven't blogged about that I want to remember:
2. Lately I've been making Gingerbread Pancakes on Sunday mornings. SO yummy. Here is the recipe. I usually make the batter the night before. I think they're better that way.3. Mitch was out of town this week for work. I went to SLC one day to chill with Britt. I spent that night at my parents' since I was already down there and Mitch was gone anyways. The most hilarious thing happened ... while I was waiting for mi padres to come home from work, I was sitting in the living room. Twice I saw something run across the room. I thought, "there can't be a mouse in here. Their house is so clean." My mom came home and confirmed the truth: a mouse in the house! She was SO embarrassed. She kept saying, "Our house is always clean and there's no food lying around." Which is true. But, there are fields around their house with lots of mice and this poor little mouse just wanted somewhere warm to stay. We bought mouse traps and set them, but didn't set them quite good enough because the mouse stole two pieces of bread off two of the traps and didn't get caught! It was so funny! And we saw the mouse peek out from under the stove at one point. My dad wasn't home to help us, so my mom shoved a yard stick under the stove and I was on the ground with a tupperware, ready to catch it. A screw came flying out from under the stove and we both screamed so loud! It was so, so funny. We didn't catch it and now the mouse keeps stealing the food, so my parents put peanut butter on the traps (that was probably my dad's idea, knowing him). Steal that little mouse! You're pretty smart, but you're doomed! My mom actually just texted me and said, "Fievel is extinct!" Yay!
4. The other weekend we were at my parents' house. We were talking about the baby and couldn't remember the word, "amniotic fluid." My brother, Jordan, said, "phlegm," thinking that was what we were talking about. We all laughed pretty hard. My mom said, "No, phlegm is in your throat." So, he kept calling amniotic fluid "belly phlegm." Ha,ha. Funny, but kind of gross. The whole conversation was hilarious. I was crying from laughing so hard by the end. If you know Jordan, you know what I mean. Funny kid. Now he's calling it "belly jelly." Ahhh, I'm so glad for a bro like Jordan. He always keeps us laughing.
5. I think I felt the baby do a double back flip in the belly phlegm/belly jelly today. I've been feeling her move, but she must have done something crazy today because it felt SO weird! The other morning I woke up and had to go to the bathroom pretty bad. I laid there and tried to fight it because I was still so tired, but then the baby started kicking and must have been right on top of my bladder because I jumped out of bed so fast it wasn't even funny. What a little stinker. I do like feeling her move though. It's weird, but exciting. It seems her most active time is between 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. then she's tired in the afternoon. Mitch said she must take after me since that's pretty much my schedule. Ha,ha.
2 comments:
Lacey, That is so exciting that you got Jazz tickets we LOVE the Jazz!! We try to go to a few games every year! Also The whole mouse thing is so funny! When we lived in Draper we had mice really bad!! I thought the EXACT same thing... We can't have mice our house is too clean! LOL I guess they don't just go to dirty places!
Oh and I want to see belly pics! :)
I do love reading your blog and hearing how you and Mitch are doing. I am so excitted for you with the baby and how fun to have season Jazz tickets. You are such a fun, happy couple!!!
Post a Comment