On Saturday we did our normal things: grocery shopping, random errands, church basketball, etc. That night we went to a Valentine's party at our neighbor's house and played some fun games. We played a round of the Newlywed Game. I learned something new about Mitch: his pet peeve is when things get "left out" around the house. What??? Seriously, when is our house ever messy and when do things get "left out?" Honestly, we're both pretty much neat freaks so I don't really know what he's talking about and he couldn't give me any concrete examples. I was a little bugged, I'm sure mostly due to pregnancy hormones. Anyways, that was funny to learn new things about each other and everyone at the party. It was pretty hilarious to hear all the couples get a little upset with each other. Ha,ha.
On Sunday we went to my grandma' Ruth's for a Valentine's dinner. She had the table decorated really cute with scratch and sniff Valentine's and little boxes of chocolates. Of course the dinner was amazing as usual. Oh yeah, I also gave some brownies to my Sunday School class for Valentine's Day. They liked them and seemed happy about it.
Last week my work threw me a baby shower. It was so nice. The women at my work (there are only 6 of us) went out to lunch at Jason's Deli. They even brought cupcakes and had the table all decorated with a pink table cloth and baby decor. It was really cute. Everyone gave me nice gifts. Mostly clothes and a baby activity bouncer that we had registered for. They were all so generous and thoughtful and I'm really glad I get to work with such great people. We all enjoy one another's company and it was fun to spend time with them.
We bought a video camera this weekend. We got a smashing deal. Not only was it on sale, but we also got $25 off with an expired coupon (it expired the end of 2008). We didn't even know it was expired. The very nice cashier still let us use it because we were given the expired coupon the night before (it was on the murder mystery dinner program) and I think she felt bad that someone gave us an expired coupon. Lucky for us she was super cool and it all worked out. It's a pretty standard video camera, nothing too fancy, but it is perfect for what we will use it for and we really like it.
We had a great weekend. Thanks for the great Valentine's Day, Valentine!!! XoXXOOxxxxoo
No comments:
Post a Comment