Now I am reading my Everest: War and Peace, by Leo Tolstoy. Yes, I plan to read all 1010 pages of it. It will be the longest book I have ever read unless I actually finish the Old Testament this year, which is one of my goals. If I read both then I will have read two VERY long literary pieces this year. We'll see how that goes. I love Tolstoy's writings though so I'm really excited about the book.
3.13.2010
Books
I haven't updated my latest readings. I read Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad. Can't remember if I posted about that or not. I liked it. Very deep and thought invoking. I just finished The Call of the Wild, by Jack London. The second half of the book includes White Fang, also by Jack London. I won't be reading it anytime soon. I feel that after reading Call of the Wild, I can pretty much guess what White Fang will be like. I think London is one of those authors that is very true to his writing style, which in his case bores me. I thought it was weird to have the entire book based around a dog's thoughts. I'm pretty sure dogs don't think exactly the same way as humans do. That's why they are dogs and we are humans. I didn't like giving such human characteristics to the dogs. I'm sure dogs don't really think that way. Don't get me wrong; I think animals have feelings, but I don't think they are to the extent that ours are. Anyways, it wasn't my favorite book, but I didn't hate it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2024 Wrap Up
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
-
No, I did not do anything scandalous at the Keith Urban concert last night, although I'm sure many other women did. For Mother's Day...
-
"Come on down and join the winning team, because here at Globo Gym we're better than you, and we know it!" Ha,ha, remember tha...
-
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
1 comment:
Lacey, sadly, I think Brock believes dogs have human feelings (I don't) seeing as how he freaks out if Duke will be left home by himself. I think Brock thinks Duke will hate us for leaving him. Hasn't happened so far, but Brock is holding out ;)
Natalie
Post a Comment