Baby Girl is very spoiled as evidenced by this post. We had two more awesome showers last week. My SIL and MIL, Katie and Kathy, threw us a great shower. Everything was decorated in pink at the shower and it was really cute. They even had some super cool fruit kebabs. Practically everyone we invited was able to come, which is so nice. I was really overwhelmed with everyone's generosity and thoughtfulness. We got a lot of nice gifts and ended up with a lot of things we really needed, which is so helpful. My only worry is that Baby Girl won't come join us until after Easter and then the Easter outfit that Kathy and Kevin gave us that says, "Baby's First Easter" on it won't get used. Not to mention how upset I'll be if I have to be pregnant that much longer. Ha,ha. Thanks Kathy and Katie for the great shower. I really enjoyed it! Thanks for all the work you put into making the shower so nice!!!
My good friends in the ward also threw me a shower. They had the house decorated just like Baby Girl's nursery, in butterflies, flowers, and pinks and greens. It was super cute. The best part was that they served the two things I've been craving the most: cottage cheese and hard boiled eggs. (Not together, I eat them separately.) Ha,ha. I hope everyone wasn't too grossed out. I thought it was great. Don't worry, they had other good things to eat too, like fruit and cake and punch. We played some fun games as well. I had a good time and appreciate all the time and work they put into it.
Speaking of Baby Girl, here's some pics of her nursery. I love the way it turned out and I'm really happy with it. It's a lot more pink that I originally intended, but that's okay.
Baby Girl is doing great. On Thursday she weighed in at a whopping 5 pounds 14 ounces. I keep telling her she should be born this weekend so I don't have to go to work on Monday. Ha,ha. But seeing as how it's Saturday evening and there's no sign of her coming yet, I guess I'll be in the office on Monday morning. She'll come when she's ready I'm sure.
On another note, I just wanted to jot down how my pregnancy has gone:
1st Trimester: Positive pregnancy test on fast Sunday in August (I think it was August 5th?) Even though we were trying to get pregnant, I still cried and said, "I'm too young to have a baby." Ha,ha. I think I was just a little shocked that our lives would be changing so drastically. But, after a few minutes I calmed down and we were both really excited. During the first trimester I was almost constantly nauseas, but never threw up. I ate constantly. I craved hard boiled eggs. I was incredibly, ridiculously tired all the time. We went to San Diego. I felt AWFUL on the plane rides. I stopped feeling sick at about week 13 or so.
2nd Trimester: By far the best! I wasn't sick at all. I was tired but not too bad. Had a lot of bloody noses; about two a day, every day, for one month. Cured by Usana fish oil pills and Vaseline. I had to stop running and switch to the elliptical or walking. We found out that she is a girl. We went to Europe and that was the best trip of my life and I felt great considering I was 3 months along. I started feeling the baby move and Mitch as well. Really no complaints about the second trimester besides the bloody noses.
3rd Trimester: By far the hardest! I think since I missed out on vomiting, swollen ankles/feet, heartburn, etc. my body decided to make it up to me in the form of back aches, horrible hip pain, ridiculously dry skin, and congestion. I really can't sit for longer than 20 minutes in one position. I dread sitting for long periods of time like at work, church, to watch a movie, etc. I found that walking on the treadmill helps my back pain and I walk about 20 to 30 minutes per day, six days a week. My skin is so dry! I put lotion on constantly. I get really hot very quickly and that makes me lightheaded. This is especially true in sacrament meeting. Holy cow it gets SO hot in the chapel I can hardly stand it. I seriously don't even want to go to church tomorrow because I know I'll be hot and I'll have to sit for 3 hours. Blah. (Don't worry, I'll be there.) I crave cottage cheese and I eat a bowl (or two) of cereal almost every night at about 9:00. If I don't have my nightly bowl of cereal, I wake up at about 4 a.m. STARVING!
While these last few months have been the hardest, I am excited to know it's the end. She really could be here any day now. We're all ready; clothes and blankets are washed, we received/bought everything we'll need (at least for now), and the hospital bag is packed. Now we just wait. I'm really hoping she'll decide that this is her week!
3 comments:
Pregnancy is one of the hardest but yet one of the most rewarding things in life! I feel your pain with the hip pain I had it so bad with both of my kids and I still have flair ups to this day, it is not fun, but the out come is SO worth it! Hang in there it will be over before you know it and you won't remember life with out your baby girl! :)
What a cute nursery! You'll be SO glad to not be pregnant anymore. Seriously. It's awesome.
Have you heard of goodreads.com. It's an awesome place to write about all the books you've read and be hooked up to your friends that are readers. Super cool!
I cacn't wait till you have your baby!!! I am so excited and know that you guys will be the best parents ever!
So I am ALWAYS hot in sacrament meeting too! Sometime I have had to go outside for awhile because it's so hot in there! (even when I'm not pregnant, it's hot!) Ughhhh! Anyway, can't wait to meet your new little one!
Post a Comment