Lame title for this post, I know. I'm really not in a creative mood right now. I'm just getting over Strep Throat. Ugh. Layla is still recovering from a cold (courtesy of me). Double Ugh. At least Mitch is still healthy! Really though, we're both doing much better and we should be back to 100% in a couple of days.
Layla had her first trip to the pediatrician for something other than a normal check up. I had a feeling she had a cold since I had Strep. She had a lot of what I call "goop" in her eyes, a stuffy nose, and a tiny cough. But being the even-tempered, laid back baby that she is, she didn't even act sick or fussy at all. So I waited a day to see if she'd get better or worse before I freaked out and took her to the pediatrician. ( I LOVE our pediatrician, by the way. He's pretty much awesome.) The goop got worse so I made an appointment. For the record, I didn't completely freak out. I just wanted to make sure she was okay. And she was. No fever, no ear infection, no lung problems. Just blocked tear ducts and a very mild cold. Layla's already doing better today. Her eyes are hardly goopy at all and she doesn't cough as much.
I'm on my third day of antibiotics. I still have a cough, but overall I feel much better. I am extra tired from getting over the sickness, and I still don't feel like going anywhere or doing anything. But I shouldn't be contagious anymore, so I hope that means Mitch won't get sick!
What else? Last week Layla and I went shopping with Nicole and Oakley. I was in the dressing room while Nicole, Oakley, and Layla were hanging out just outside of my dressing room. I was trying on some clothes when I heard the following conversation:
Woman: What a cute baby! Is it a boy?
Nicole (in an annoyed voice): No ... No, she's a girl.
Now you may be wondering why this woman was confused about Layla's sex. So let me show you a picture of the outfit Layla was wearing when said question was asked and see if it confuses you:
Are you confused?
I didn't think so.
Last weekend Mitch and I decided to celebrate our anniversary. We had dinner at WingNutz and saw Iron Man 2. We really like WingNutz. If you like wings, I highly suggest it. They had about 30 different kinds of sauces you could choose from. Some sounded weird, but we liked the two we tried. Iron Man 2 was awesome! I liked it even better than the first one. It was easier to leave Layla than I thought it would be. I guess since I knew she was being taken excellent care of I was able to leave her and enjoy my date night with my hubby. She did great and was a little angel while we were away. Okay, okay, I did call my parents twice to ask how she was doing. Ha,ha. I can't help it! How would you feel if you were away from this adorable little face for 3 hours?
What else? Oh yes, tonight is The Big Night on American Idol, my favorite! Lee or Crystal? Originally I said Crystal. But now I would not be surprised if Lee wins. He seems to appeal to a larger audience. But I still say that Crystal is more talented. Lee kind of reminds me of Daughtry or Nickelback. I can't stand either of those bands. They have whiny voices and all of their songs sound exactly the same. I have a feeling Lee's album might be the same way. So my vote is for Crystal.
That's all.
2 comments:
YES - I was soooo annoyed at that lady when she asked if Layla was a boy. I actually had to hold my tongue to keep from asking her is she was blind or stupid. Layla looks nothing like a boy - even if she were dressed in blue she would still look like an adorable little girl :)
I am glad that you are feeling better and that Layla didn't really get sick.
"That's all." totally reminds me of The Devil Wears Prada, love that movie.
Firstly, I hope you and baby Layla feel better soon. And second off, how could anyone confuse any baby all decked out in pink as a boy, especially Layla?! I just don't get it. And I agree with Nicole, Layla all dressed in blue would still be an adorable baby girl. I would have been annoyed by that comment for sure.
Happy Anniversary and congratulations to you and Mitch!!!
Post a Comment