I think we wore The Bug out this weekend. Mitch had a four day weekend, which was awesome, and we stayed busy the whole time. Layla Bug was exhausted from all the festivities and slept most of the day on Tuesday. Too much partying for a 3 month old, I guess. :)
I love how her hair bow becomes a bow tie in the car seat. And look at those chunky thighs! Don't you want to just squeeze them?
We went to the West Jordan Stampede Rodeo one night. I love rodeos. Mitch does not. But, he's a good sport and tags along with my fam anyways. We've been going to this rodeo for as long as I can remember. It's a good time. We worried about it being too loud for Layla, but she didn't seem to mind. (I did call the pediatrician and asked if they had any suggestions to curb the noise; they suggested cotton balls in her ears. That only lasted so long before we got sick of putting them back in every time they fell out. I ended up just keeping my hands over her little ears. She actually fell asleep for awhile.)
Family pic at the rodeo. I love how Layla looks slightly confused.
We also had dinner at the Bott's to celebrate Grandma Jory's birthday. It was a fun time and a nice day to eat outside. We hope she had a Happy Birthday!
We had Brock and Natalie over to roast mallows. I'm pretty sure they were more excited about holding Layla than eating the s'mores, but either way we're glad they came! (And I'm really glad they love their niece so much!)
We went to a BBQ at our neighbor's house. It's always fun when we get together with the neighborhood clan. We lit some fireworks. The little kids loved it. Layla watched the entire fireworks show. She also let my friend Kassi rock her to sleep in her porch swing. So sweet.
I love the 4th of July. I love America. I've lived in and traveled to a few other countries and I can honestly say that we are so blessed. I told Layla, on her first 4th of July, that she is so blessed to be born in America. (I know, she has no idea what I'm saying yet. That's not the point.) I hope she takes the opportunity to visit another country (via mission, study abroad, or whatever) and see how the rest of the world lives and understand how blessed we are as Americans. I am so thankful to be an American. Even in the toughest of times, we are still so blessed.
What an adorable little American Girl!
She got a little scared the first time the camera flashed and this was her defensive pose.
She's so spoiled, she had two 4th of July outfits this year! The dress was a last minute purchase- I couldn't pass it up, too cute. (Apparently my friend Kim thought so too; Layla and Hadley were twinners at church. Ha,ha.) And thanks again, Kathy, for the patriotic outfit. It looks so cute on her.
Layla also rolled over for her first time last weekend! She rolled over twice all by herself, but she hasn't done it since. Maybe she figures that was good enough. We sure were proud of her though! We're totally those first time parents who get so excited over every little thing. We both clapped and cheered when she rolled over. She just looked at us like, "what's the big deal?" So funny.
Tummy Time!!!
Hi Mom.
And this one is just for me. I love to watch Layla sleep. She's so peaceful and sweet. I always put her to bed with her arms wrapped up in her swaddle me. But she always wiggles at least one hand free to suck on it until she falls asleep ... and then I sneak in and take her picture. Hee, hee.
5 comments:
What a beautiful baby girl! I love the 4th of July, too.
In July's Ensign there's a story about a man who was the mission pres in Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia, I believe. Did you serve with him?
Wow, I'm so glad you told me about that article! I have been slowly reading the July ensign and hadn't seen that article yet. I was so happy to see President Barr's smiling face! He was my mission president for the first half of my mission. They are two of the most amazing people I know. That article doesn't mention that Sister Barr got cancer while they were in Lithuania and she spent 3 months or so in Australia receiving treatment while President Barr stayed in Lithuania. She was healed and returned to finish out their mission. They are so devoted to the Gospel and such great examples!
Oh, I'm sure Layla was thrilled to death about getting mobbed by us! Thanks for the invite and letting us use your firework stash!
It was a huge deal for us when Oakley rolled over for the first time as well. Isn't it funny how exciting the smallest things can be with a baby around :) Nice job on running - it's hard to get back into it after having a baby!
your baby is beautiful!
Post a Comment