6.29.2010

Minor Surgery

About this time last year I had a benign cyst removed off my right shoulder. The doctor said he was able to remove all of it. Well, it came back. At first I thought it was scar tissue from having it removed last year, but it kept getting bigger. I finally went back to the doctor and asked him about it. Sure enough, the cyst had made its return. This time I had to schedule a "minor surgery" to have it cut out. The whole thing lasted about one hour. I stopped counting after the fifth layer of stitches. I don't know how many stitches I have, but it's a lot. Three of them are permanent and the rest will dissolve in about one month. It hurt pretty bad the first few days, but it doesn't bug me too much anymore (it's been almost one week). Hopefully the cyst won't grow back anymore! This pic is kind of gross, but I wanted a pic of it so I can remember how I got a scar on my shoulder in ten years from now (pretty sure it will leave a scar).
Don't worry, the rest of the pictures in this post are much cuter.

Mitch and I spent about 30 minutes the other night trying to capture Layla's huge, goofy grin on camera. We never quite got it, but here are the best attempts:

Man, is she cute or what? Mitch is so so so excited for Layla to jump in her Johnny Jumper thing that hangs from the doorway. He put her in it the other day to try it out ... guess he'll have to wait a little longer, it's still way too big for her! Ha,ha. You can't quite tell in the picture, but her feet don't even touch the ground. Mitch said she just stared at him with that look on her face. Hilarious.
And here's The Little Princess in another cute skirt that Aunt Natalie gave her.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

That picture scares me, only because it looks like it hurt! I love the look Layla gives everyone like she gave Mitch in the Johnny Jumper. It's a look of "are you serious? You're really trying to do this right now?" Her smile is so cute! I just want to kiss her big cheeks!

Ashlee said...

OUCH!! Your stitches look way brutal!! Cute pictures of Layla, she already has such a beautiful smile!

melynda said...

she is SO cute!!

Nicole and Kevin said...

The last picture makes her look so big - she is still suppose to be a newborn :)

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...