9.14.2010

PONI

Did you know there's more than one kind of pony? Until last year, I was only aware of the kind of pony that I want Layla to learn to ride some day. The kind I had as a kid, like my horse Sassy. (Only nicer ... Sassy was evil.)
Yes, I am wearing a belt buckle and my dad is sporting a feather in his hat ...

But I digress.

There's another kind of pony. This PONI stands for Project On Nuclear Issues. Mitch told me about it when his work started asking him to attend the PONI conferences. PONI's official statement says that PONI, "brings some of the best and brightest young analysts together with high-level senior experts for monthly workshops." (Translation: nerds who can't match their clothes, but can design a nuclear weapon. Ha,ha. Just kidding, in all fairness, Mitch is one of the smartest, yet most well-rounded people I know.) Anyways, PONI members discuss nuclear issues and possible solutions. Mitch goes to many of their conferences, which are held in various places around the globe.

So, yes, this PONI is quite different than the kind of pony I'm used to, but it's equally as exciting (in a nerdy sort of way).

Mitch recently wrote an article that was published in a journal for the Center For Strategic and International Studies (CSIS). He also presented the article at a PONI Conference last year. I was lucky enough to hear him present. He did an awesome job.

You can read his article by clicking here. (Scroll down to find him listed in the Table of Contents.)

I am very proud of Mitch and his abilities. He is a hard worker and a very talented engineer.

And just because a post is no longer complete without a pic of Bug, here's a few we took when she turned 5 months old and a video of her hilarious laugh:




1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Layla laughing is soooo sweet. I replay it over and over and over!! You are such a funny mommy!!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...