9.20.2010

Too Lazy To Think Of A Title

Everyday I think of something I should blog about. Rarely do I get the time/make the effort to actually do it. I guess there's just other ways I'd rather spend my very limited free time now. Like sleeping. Or reading.

But, we have been fairly busy lately. Layla is still her hilarious little self. I think she's finally over her people hating phase. She doesn't cry when people look at her anymore, so that's a relief.
I took her to the doctor last week. I thought she had an ear infection because she was a little fussy and very congested. No ear infection, just tons of mucous in the back of her throat. Gross. She's on an antibiotic for 10 days. She's doing much better. She's still a tiny bit congested, but she's much happier now.

I finally got a picture of Bug's huge, cheesy grin. I decided to take her pic in this cute outfit my mom bought her. I think it makes her look like a tiny receptionist. I kept calling her "little secretary" all day while she was wearing it. Ha,ha. (I love baby clothes that look like adult clothes; they make me laugh.) I had to hide the camera and make her laugh in order to get the picture. It is slightly blurry, but at least you can see that goofy grin of hers.
I love it!
She's really good at standing. If you prop her up against something, like the couch, she can stand by herself for several seconds. I took some pictures of her standing by herself.
She loves this frog that her Great Grandpa Kermit gave her. It fascinates her. And don't you love the way her belly pokes out of this shirt? Too funny.
Here's her bald spot on the back of her head. She actually has lots of blonde hairs coming in to cover up the baldness.
We got a DVR and we're loving it. Now we'll never miss an episode of Glee or the Office again! I don't know why we didn't get the DVR sooner, it's pretty much awesome. We also went and saw Inception, which was so cool, and The Other Guys, which was really funny.

Layla and I went to the Greek Festival with Katie yesterday. It was fun. I really liked the chicken and the rice. The desserts looked amazing, but I must say, I was terribly disappointed. I didn't like the texture of them after they were soaked in syrup or honey. Mitch likes them though, so they won't go to waste. Thanks for inviting us, Katie!

Have you seen these GIANT camping chairs at Sam's club? It has 6 cupholders! I laugh every time I see them. Too bad they're 80 bucks! Doesn't Layla look soooo tiny in the huge chair?
I've been working on Bug's Halloween costume. It's coming along nicely. I'll be so proud of myself when it's done! I took sewing class in high school, but I've never made anything like this before. I really want to learn how to sew well, so my grandma, who is an amazing seamstress, is answering my questions and giving me advice, but I'm doing the actual sewing, cutting, etc. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Harvey got in a fight with another cat. The other cat bit him and it turned into a huge abscess on his side. I took him to the vet, they shaved his side and lanced the sore. Now he looks funny with a huge patch of hair missing. He's okay though; he didn't skip a beat.

4 comments:

Julia M. said...

That smile makes me so happy! What a doll she is. I can't believe she's already standing! What a girl!

melynda said...

ok, love the huge camping chair!! layla is so cute, i cant believe how big she is already. it goes by too fast.

Nicole and Kevin said...

Layla is not big enough to stand yet, she is still suppose to be a newborn...time goes so fast these days. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever, lets get together soon!

toonefam said...

I love to read your blog and see your cute little "BUG" growing sooo fast. In the picture with her standing and looking at the frog she looks a little like her Aunt Katie. What a doll you have.

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...