10.04.2010

Hyper

Can sweet potatoes make a six month old hyper? I'm beginning to think they can. Layla has been eating sweet potato baby food the last few days and about a half hour after she finishes them she gets sooooo hyper. It's pretty much hilarious. We have to put her in her doorway jumper to burn off her extra energy before bed. Speaking of bed, she has been sleeping through the night pretty well for the last month or so. I have only gotten up with her once in the last 5 or 6 weeks and that was last night. I think she's teething and I just felt so bad for her that I broke my own rule and went in and got her. Hopefully I didn't break her good habit of sleeping through the night!

General Conference was quite interesting with Layla around. It was kind of like church: I tried to pay attention, but ended up only hearing bits and pieces of what was said due to my constant doting on our daughter. Ha,ha. I did enjoy Conference though. I was able to go to the Relief Society session at the Conference Center and it was lovely. It's nice to hear from our Prophet and Apostles every 6 months. And Mitch and I had crepes for breakfast both days of Conference. We've made them our Conference tradition. Yum.

Because we spent so much time sitting around watching Conference this weekend, Layla learned to sit all by herself! She can't sit for long periods of time, but she does great in short bursts! It's amazing how much better she gets at sitting each day. She also rolled over all by herself today. (A rare thing for her.) I know she can roll over, it just seems like she doesn't care to. But today she really wanted this certain toy, so she rolled over and got it. She has to have some extra motivation to make her roll over I guess.

Anyways, all is good at our place. I need to take more pictures of Layla. I always forget. I'll post an old one since I'm too lazy to get the camera out right now. And thanks to everyone who voted for Layla! She had over 200 votes! That's a lot. We did see one kid who had over 1,000 votes though, so I don't think Bug will win, but it was fun anyways!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

It's so fun to see all her little tricks she's learning how to do! So much fun! Did you happen to feed her sweet potatoes when Brock and I came up there? Love you guys :)

Anonymous said...

She is getting sooo funny and interesting to watch!! We love her!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...