Day 11: free, last minute trips to St. George to visit my Grandpa!
My parents decided to take a quick trip to St. George to visit my grandpa. We decided to tag along. I'm glad we did, we had fun and the drive isn't bad when you're in good company.Thanks for the invite, mom and dad! And thanks to my grandpa for his generosity!
Layla was good despite her aching tooth. She really liked being outdoors in the nice weather (which we were all overdressed for). Layla kept squealing her loud, excited squeals while we were outside. It was hilarious. I was really worried that Layla would keep waking up all night, but she slept for 11 straight hours! She must love St. George too.
We managed to do and see a lot while we were there. Mitch helped Grandpa with a few things around his new house. We saw grandpa's other houses and they are nice too (he just bought two investment properties). We ate some yummy food. We went to Snow Canyon, Kayenta, and some cool art shops. But the highlight was when I insisted that we stop and look at some pots that were for sale on the side of the road. You know, the huge pots that people put on their front porch or in their driveway? I said, "If they're like 30 or 40 bucks, I think I'll buy one." Guess how much the one I wanted was ... are you ready for this? ... seven HUNDRED and 50 bucks!!! Wow, I was WAY off! Ha, ha.
Anyways, Mitch and I are going to go back next summer to hike the Narrows and Angels Landing (I have to conquer my fear of heights somehow, right?). It was a short trip, but we saw enough to convince Mitch and I that we really want to live there. Too bad there is no aerospace engineering industry in St. George!!! Here's some pics from our trip:
Day 12: Mitch's good job.
When I say that we want to live in St. George, I really mean it. We even looked up jobs and houses. But alas, no job in St. George compares to the job Mitch has now. And he loves what he does, which I think is very important. So, while I would LOVE to move down south, I wouldn't want to give up Mitch's great job (but I would trade it for another great job with another reputable company and the same pay, or better pay, in sunny St. George). But in all seriousness, I am so grateful that Mitch has a good job that he enjoys and that can support our family.
Day 13: the internet.
Isn't it cool that you can look up anything you want to know, order concert tickets, keep a journal, communicate with friends, etc. all on your computer? Sure, there are some bad things out there, but overall, I think the internet is awesome.
Day 14: the scriptures.
I'm still reading the Old Testament. It's forever long. Mitch finished several weeks ago, even though I started months before him. I like reading the scriptures but for some reason the Old Testament is so difficult for me because I get so bored. However, reading it has increased my love for the scriptures. Simply put, I have a better day when I read the scriptures.
Day 15: talents.
I'm learning to sew. I took a few classes in high school, but I've forgotten most of that by now. I'm working on Layla's Christmas dress right now. If you see her around Christmas time, she'll probably be wearing it; I'm going to make her wear it a lot because it's a lot of work to make it! Ha,ha. But I'm thankful for my talents, old and new.
Day 16: my treadmill
I bought it for $300 when I was in high school, if I remember right. It's kind of a piece of crap, but it works well enough. It folds up when you're not using it. I like that. I can run on it when it's too cold/hot outside. I can watch tv while I run. I'm glad I bought it.



3 comments:
Sorry, but I forbid you to move to St George. I already have two nieces that I never see enough because they live there (they live in Ivins, which is such a cute place to live!). I don't want a third niece 4 hours away...
Oh, and summers SUCK down there. 115 degree weather is NOT my cup of tea. It's much better being there in the winter!
Summers in St. George would be crappy, but I'd rather spend a summer there than a winter here with the inversion and driving in the snow. But don't worry, there aren't any jobs for Mitch down there anyways. :)
Post a Comment