Day 24: I am thankful for Thanksgiving! It's fun to spend time with family and eat a lot of food (especially my grandma's made-from-scratch-stuffing and Natalie's yams that taste like dessert.) We spent most of the day with Mitch's fam. They were very kind guinea pigs for the pumpkin and chocolate pie I made. We had a fun time over there as usual. Layla loved Thanksgiving because she got to see both of her grandmas in the same day. She loves hanging out with her fan club!
(Unfortunately, I'm a bad mom and didn't take pics of Layla's first Thanksgiving., but here's a few pics my grandma took.)
A few of the members of Layla's Fan Club:
And her most devoted fans:
My uncle and grandpa were in town this year so we spent some time with them. My grandpa took us all out to breakfast one morning. We also went bowling. I'm a horrible bowler. But it was fun. Layla just liked hanging out with her fan club the whole weekend. Layla also liked Kent's dog, Logan, until Logan barked really loud right in her face. Then she was scared of him. But before the barking incident she had fun riding him around like a horse and petting him. Isn't he pretty?
Day 25: journals. Don't you love reading old journal entries? I usually end up laughing at myself.
Day 26: Mitch's parenting abilities. He is such a great dad. He helps out so much; he's always willing to change a diaper, feed Layla, or play with her. I love to see the two of them together. I love to see Layla freak out with excitement when Mitch gets home from work.
Day 27: Motherhood. Being a mom has brought me so much joy. I feel so blessed to be Layla's mom. She makes me want to be a better person.
Day 28: the temple. It's so peaceful there and it reminds me of what's really important in life.
Day 29: my glasses. It is quite annoying when Layla grabs them off my face, but I'm glad I can see.
Day 30: the Christmas season. It's nice to focus on our Savior and have everyone be so happy and giving.
1 comment:
It is so good to record the things that you are thankful for, I feel like I didn't do enough of that this year.
If it makes you feel any better, I didn't take any pictures from my Thanksgiving festivities either.
Post a Comment