1.07.2011

Earthquake Test

I went to bed early last night because I was extra tired and trying to sleep off a cold. I was sleeping soundly when I was suddenly awoken by Mitch shaking me at 2:30 a.m. I sat up in bed, panicked that something was wrong with Layla and Mitch was waking me up to tell me. I looked over at him and he said,

"Earthquake test."

"What?!" I asked.

"Earthquake test."

"It's 2:30 in the morning. Why would you do that?" I demanded.

To which he gave the typical male response: "I don't know."

Then he turned over and went right back to sleep. I tried not to be mad as I laid there for the next hour, trying to fall back to sleep. (That's the thing about me, if I wake up in the night, I have a really hard time falling back to sleep. Unlike my counterpart.) I knew I shouldn't be mad; I figured Mitch was asleep during the "earthquake test" and wouldn't remember it in the morning.

Sure enough, he doesn't remember a thing. He did laugh really hard when I told him what happened though. I won't think it's funny until after I take a nap.

2 comments:

Julia M. said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I would be livid. When you have a new baby, there's like no way you can fall back asleep after something like that!

I can't believe he was asleep. I guess it will be a good story for future generations, right? :)

The Nigburs said...

Ha! Love that story!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...